Punch Z's or P5's

Brooklynchild07
10+ year member

I have two 10 Punch Z's and I am thinking about getting a pair of Sony p5's 10". Now I have heard it all when it comes to people dissing Sony but, really....what is the real deal behind sony? When I look at review outside of this forum people actually give the Sony p5's some top ratings, better than the punch z's i own now in fact. But, in the forum people just blast out sony like it is utter trash. Now, I'm a budget system man so I don't wanna spend anymore than $100 on the two subs, (sounds funny but i just don't have it like that) but if i could save $15 by getting the two Sony p5's is it a better deal?

my friend has the sony P5s and they actually suprised me and made me jump, they are probably the only good thing sony has besides some of there CD players, the P5s are a good bang for the buck in my opinion

Thanks infinity1412. It's good to hear some advice from someone who has actually HEARD the sub and rate rather than people blasting me out and never even given the sub a chance. But, I will take my chances and get the P5's. If they blow, oh well, but i truly doubt it. I bet I could blow them too if i gave 1000 watts to a 300 watt rms sub. but if it were to happen, thats what a warranty is for. They don't have them for nothing.

I would go with kicker before i ever bought the sonys.It pays to do some searching before rushing out and getting something.

from what i have heard i would take th sonys over the z's. Could have been the choice in music and the install, who knows. If your budget is locked at 100 i would still look at the pioneers. However if your willing to drop $75 bucks a sub Circuit(sp?) city has the infinity reference on sale. IMHO a much much better sub. These were all in different boxes with diff. HU and diff. amps so i can't say wich sub is really better. I was also very happy with my polk GNX 12s on sale for 2 for 140 when I got them. If possible listen to all of the subs in a box similar to what you will get. I you have not got a box yet please don't make my mistake and get suckered into a prefab Bandpass(loud but sounds like a--s--s)

How much room you giving them, how much power, what kind of music.

I have actually heard a p5 installed and it actually surprised me and i think they sound better than the z's. Sounded very good for what he paid for them (2 for 80). I would also look into pioneer and kenwood(yes i said kenwood) for the price. My friend bought two kenwood 12's(65 bucks for both) for his f 150 and **** for 65 they sound great. But the install was awesome and his uncle is a carpenter so u know the his boxes were perfect. There is alot of stuff out there in that price range that will sound ok,

Thanks to the people that are offering positive support and not saying that everything that I want to get is trash. I mean, I know there are better subs out there but there is no need to try to say everything I want is straight garbage. Yall cats who say they are trash....have you guys ever even listened to the P5's, let alone tune them to the right specs and just cranked them up? You never know what kind of sound I could get. It obvious the people who are positive about the issue have listened to them rather than be ignorant about it and say they are trash before listening to them.

I would still like to know what amp you will be using along with what size type box you will get. plus the sonys are not bad speakers but don't get them if you want to listen to mostly rock. And I plead, DO NOT buy a prefab bandpass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.