Rockford 700s fuse question, please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

i bought a rockford 700s amplifier and it is calls for a 60 Amp fuse at the battery. From my old system i have 2 30Amp fuses running into 8 gauge wire. Is 2 30 Amp fuses the same thing? Am i gonna have to go to a big caraudio ripoff center to get a 60A fuse or can i pick one up at radio shack or something?

Also, what is the remote punch bass system? Does it work like the gain does, or is it just the bass boost?

One more thing this might seem like a really stupid question but i dont wanna be the only idiot to ruin an amp like this. The gains on the amp dont have dials but instead very small screw things inside the amp...would it be ok if i used a glasses repair kit screwdriver to adjust the gains...

thanks

i'd go get a 60 amp fuse. depending on what type of fuse you have the price will differ. AGU fuses (the tuby looking ones) are fairly cheap, about a buck or two. ANL fuses will run u alot more. Just go to radioshack and get one, the only difference between a stinger fuse and a radioshack is the name it carries.

Remote Punch Bass is an equalizer for ur bass, in ur terms, a bass boost.

Go ahead and use the eye glasses kit to adjust ur gains, i use it for mines. u can use anything that will turn that dial and it wont mess up as long as u dont slip it into the circuitry board while the amp is running and hit something ur not supposed to hit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.