Rockford 1501BD - 1 ohm stable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardHitter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know that they rate the 1501BD as 2ohm stable the lowest, but I have heard that someone's been running the amp at 1.5ohms (two 12W7's) getting around 2000W out of it and they were also saying that they've seen it run 1ohm as a daily driver. Anyone have experience?

i've had four 12 hx2's of of one bd500 and i drove it donw 2 .5oms and it played 4 a good hour with a fan on it....i would not suggest doing this on a daily basis

i believe i got about 1200w from that amp for an hour

i would think that you could run that amp at the lowest 1.5 ohm...thats imo...but if ya want to make a $400 mistake, well hmmmmmmmm..run it above 1.5 at the lowest...but i still dont recommend it:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.