Rms

I'll help you. Go plug your subs into a wall socket, that tests them and sets them to RMS power. It's the only way to do it. 1 minute in a wall socket sets them to peak power, 2 minutes sets them to RMS power. 3 minutes sets them in between that, will give your woofers a bigger punch so you can piss people off.
**** why you gonna tell him after he just said that mean **** about us? dammit.

Basically you want to match the RMS on your subs to that of your amp right? Then you want to give the subs that much power, and you want to know how to do that?

THAT was great! haha.
But yeah............

I am curious though... How can you tell the point at which your amp starts clipping?
hah, i didnt even notice that at first.

last time i knew my amp was clipping was when i blew my sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif but im pretty sure you can check with a dmm and see... idk.

hah, i didnt even notice that at first.
last time i knew my amp was clipping was when i blew my sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif but im pretty sure you can check with a dmm and see... idk.
Naw... That just lets you know what kind of wattage you are getting from your amp... Not if the amp is doing it cleanly..

with 200w subs the only person you would piss off is yourself....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

No seriously i want more of a punch in the woofers. I want to piss people off at night :]
Two subs that handle 200w rms each is not going to cut it. If you really want to piss people off, you need to spend the time and money and ideally, it would probably cost about a grand (which includes, sub, box, amp). Probably a tad less if you score a nice deal, but my definition of loud is much different than yours. I piss people off with no subs, just a stock frontstage, all I gotta do is just crank the volume.

To answer your question about turning the gain up past halfway to full, well that COULD BE fine, but the majority of the time it isn't, and always is never a good idea if you don't know what you're doing. IMO, you need to upgrade your equipment. I say in the mean time, do some research, find out whats good (SEARCH THE THREADS), save some money, and when you have narrowed down your decision maybe make a post and ask what would be recommended. It's pretty much the road we all take. Start off with a system we think is the ****, then find out it really is ****, then upgrade to mainstream, and then find out theres better products at much more reasonable prices. From then on, you switch setups like your underwear (provided you have good hygene), and you go through several setups till you finally find what you really like, but really you havent, and then you finally do.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Two subs that handle 200w rms each is not going to cut it. If you really want to piss people off, you need to spend the time and money and ideally, it would probably cost about a grand (which includes, sub, box, amp). Probably a tad less if you score a nice deal, but my definition of loud is much different than yours. I piss people off with no subs, just a stock frontstage, all I gotta do is just crank the volume.

To answer your question about turning the gain up past halfway to full, well that COULD BE fine, but the majority of the time it isn't, and always is never a good idea if you don't know what you're doing. IMO, you need to upgrade your equipment. I say in the mean time, do some research, find out whats good (SEARCH THE THREADS), save some money, and when you have narrowed down your decision maybe make a post and ask what would be recommended. It's pretty much the road we all take. Start off with a system we think is the ****, then find out it really is ****, then upgrade to mainstream, and then find out theres better products at much more reasonable prices. From then on, you switch setups like your underwear (provided you have good hygene), and you go through several setups till you finally find what you really like, but really you havent, and then you finally do.
Don't forget to tell him about the wall socketing technique

is this what is to be expected of 08's?
Yes, and every year so forth. It should be expected because as teenagers grow up, they soon will have their car and those enthused by audio will look to forums for advice and generally, those who join are new to car audio, thus, they don't know what to ask, basic concepts, etc. That's why they need to be pointed in the right direction.

Yes, and every year so forth. It should be expected because as teenagers grow up, they soon will have their car and those enthused by audio will look to forums for advice and generally, those who join are new to car audio, thus, they don't know what to ask, basic concepts, etc. That's why they need to be pointed in the right direction.
some just need to be slapped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.