RMS power for a 600W RMS JL 10w6v2

How much power to a SQ, sealed, .85 cu ft 10w6v2?

• [No response text]

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 500 W RMS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 600 W RMS

• 650 W RMS

• 700 W RMS

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 800 W RMS

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • >800 W RMS/other, please post recommendation

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

senaudio
10+ year member

Hey guys, I am getting a 10w6v2 for a great price from a friend, and am going to buy an amp to power it. It has 600W RMS/1200W peak handling. From reading the forums and other sources, I want to get an amp where i don't have to worry about clipping too much, and don't have to max the gain to adequately power the sub. It is a .85 cu ft sealed enclosure and i like SQ applications w/ a little SPL. It will be a daily driver. I want to run it near to the manufacturer spec, so no "i heard it will take 1200 W and sound great" please.

So, should i get a

500W RMS amp

600W RMS amp

700W RMS amp

etc.

Please leave your recommendation and take the poll. THanks!!!

ok im running 2-12" w3's in a seal box pushing bout 700 to each there at there top limit there started to over exort them id say a good 1000 mono watt amp would be fine i was running a jl audio g-max to mine and pushed them awesome just the right power

my budget is 75-200 for the amp. as long as its cea-rated and d class mono, the brand isn't important. clearly i'm not trying to go high dolllar. how about the jbl gto7001

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...