rms for type r 12'

makes me feel bad, and I had been preaching the greatness of the R to my friends too
They are great subs for the price. Several of us have broken 150's with single R's. For some reason everybody expects them to handle 100000000000000 watts all day long, but they can't.

After impedance rise you don't know what kind of power that you are really seeing. Different amps can also produce totally different power levels than ones that are rated for the same thing. This is why I continuously recommend for people to turn down the volume when the subs are showing signs of stressing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I don't think this is ideal, but let's assume you can easily mount all the tweeters. That installing them is going to be really simple, and...
Running wattage below RMS won't hurt anything. What the speakers get is the same thing as running an amp with higher wattage and then turning the...
No issues there. The amp will output depending on the speaker's impedance rating. Are you using a component x-over or is only the tweeter with x-over?
Deff a beautiful constructed sub. The best thing about as well, they do perform very well too and have excellent C.Service and even Tech service...

About this thread

endofdays89

5,000+ posts
Banned
endofdays89
missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date