12" RE SE sealed?

I've heard mixed reviews on putting these speakers in a sealed box. Does anyone have any experience with this scenario?
Yes. There really shouldn't be any mixed reviews at all, actually. It's most likely due to the fact that going ported yields much more output. Otherwise, as a sealed performer they hold their own abosolutely fine.

That thread is about the SX, not the SE. You might want to go let the people in that thread know you are talking about a different sub.
SE's perform well sealed, SX's do not.

The reason I posted the link for the OP is that 80% of the information in that thread is about the SE not the SX.

Instead of just retyping what I did 3 minutes ago I just posted the URL.

The bottom line is the SE's perform great sealed....in my opinion anyways. My old roommate has (2) 12'' SE's with 500 watts to each in about 1ft^3 each and they sound great. Granted all he listens to is rap, they sound very clean and can get decently loud for sealed.

i made a thread in the general section showing the dimensions of a potential enclosure i could fit under the rear seat. Could you take a look at it and tell me if i have enough box volume to fit 2 of the SE subs?

The SE is a weird dude in a lot of respects. It is an "SQ" sub but yet to really get out of it what it is capable of, it really needs to be ported. My brother has one in just shy of 2 cubes tuned to 32hz and it really shines in this environment, yet in sealed they really lack the low end punch they have ported. I have ran my IDQ ported and sealed and yes it is louder ported, but nothing like the SE. The SE really is a low end monster, and by running it sealed you are robbing yourself of that. MY IDQ has a much more flat response whether ported or sealed...whereas the SE doesn't have a great ability to play higher like the IDQ, so by sealing it you are going to hear a lot of 50hz...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.