RL-i8".....not what I expected

ItalynStylion
10+ year member

Audiophile
Ok, I'm pissed...I spent all week making an enclosure for the RL-i8 that was on its way and today it arrived. I don't like it....I HATE it:furious: ...It's so bad that something has to be wrong!

Here is what I've got going on at the moment. I have it in a sealed .82 cube box with 300rms being thrown at it. It only lets me know it's there when I crank the **** thing up. If I have the volume lower I can't hear it over my Focals at all, and thats on songs that have lots of bass! In songs that have a normal amount of bass I have to go check in the trunk to make sure the **** thing is still back there!!!!

I know I have some air coming from under where the sub sits on the face of the box because I can feel it coming out from under the edges but I don't think it will make THAT much of a difference...

SOME ONE HELP:crying:

Seal it off. But how much do you expect from a single 8" sealed? It's not going to rattle anything. Hell, my two AA 8"s sealed barely shake anything, but I'm porting these bishes soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ill trade u a eu-700 for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif If u think the output of the 8 is nuts think what a 6.5 can do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Ok, I'm pissed...I spent all week making an enclosure for the RL-i8 that was on its way and today it arrived. I don't like it....I HATE it:furious: ...It's so bad that something has to be wrong!
Here is what I've got going on at the moment. I have it in a sealed .82 cube box with 300rms being thrown at it. It only lets me know it's there when I crank the **** thing up. If I have the volume lower I can't hear it over my Focals at all, and thats on songs that have lots of bass! In songs that have a normal amount of bass I have to go check in the trunk to make sure the **** thing is still back there!!!!

I know I have some air coming from under where the sub sits on the face of the box because I can feel it coming out from under the edges but I don't think it will make THAT much of a difference...

SOME ONE HELP:crying:

Your not going to get much output from a leaky enclosure. How many times have you read "it's all in the install", seriously, how many times? People say it becuase it's true. A leaky box is going to have cancellation, which means you'll get little to no bass. Heck I can run my 15 ava free-air in my room full bore and not wake anyone up, wonder why? Seal it up and you'll gain alot of output. Again, 1 8 sealed isn't going to be an earthshattering amount of bass, but it shoudl be enough to keep up with your focals for balanced listening purposes.

seriously guys, i need help what should I do?

I have my gains set right and everything...

Let me put it this way, in my last car I had a kappa perfect 10.1 running off 300rms and it kicks the **** out of this set up!

seriously guys, i need help what should I do?I have my gains set right and everything...

Let me put it this way, in my last car I had a kappa perfect 10.1 running off 300rms and it kicks the **** out of this set up!
Seal off your box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

assassins kick ass, i miss my 10" one. That thing wanged off of 300watts
Trust me, I can't wait to get these in my ported box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I've already had people ask what 10"s I got, when these get ported, I'm gonna blow people's minds with my little subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.