RL-i8".....not what I expected

i had people asked what 10s i had when i had my pair of eu-700s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you NEED to seal off the box.

go you HD and buy a $3 tube of silicone sealant.

coat all the inner seams with it, and let it dry.

THEN listen.

a leaky box will ALWAYS sound like crap!

Thats what im thinking about putting in this box if this thing doesnt get its act together tomorrow once the silicon dries
In all the cases I've heard of, the rl-i is louder than the assassin. So if you aren't happy with that, then doing a "downgrade" won't help. However, you have a faulty box, and assuming you seal it off good, you'll probably be surprised tomorrow when you hear it properly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

it made me sad when assassins finally went up in price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Would the assassin be a better choice considering my enclosure and power options? The other sub that I decided against when I bought the RL-i was an IDQ 10...

Would either of those do better in the box i have with 300RMS?

here is the pic i just got of the sub and the box. See that MDF ring on the top? Air comes from under there and I should have it taken care of when the caulking dries. I cant imagine that it will make THAT much of a difference though...

ATT7666084.jpg

AA 10"
That'd be much better for you enclosure. That box is too big for an AA 8".
Thats what i was talking about, i would just cut the whole bigger if this doesnt work out for me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Is there any particular reason you have an MDF ring? I just drilled mine right into the box and let the rubber ring around them seal it off.
Funny story acctually...and by funny i mean kill myself. When I cut the hole I was hardcore out of it and cut an 8" hole:uhoh: IDIOT

So I made a 10" MDF ring to go under it so i could screw the **** thing in. Yeah, laugh....its my first box and I feel like I did pretty **** good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.