RL-i8".....not what I expected

Do you really think that once its TOTALLY sealed it will be like 10000 times better? I mean right now it BLOWS, like I don't even have any new rattles...no deadener needed at the moment

Yea dude, just let that sit overnight and you'll be golden //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yea dude, just let that sit overnight and you'll be golden //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Breeeeeeeeeath...I'm not sure I will sleep tonight, I'm going to be thinking about this all night till i try it out tomorrow. The only reason that MDF ring wasnt perfect is because it was a last min thing today and wasn't really planned. If sealing it doesn't fix it I will feel like an idiot, I swear everything is perfect and I just **** at sub stages...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Lesson learned, don't believe the hype surrounding everything.

Silly n00b, don't you know all the internet boner brands are really god and you **** at life? (I'm just kidding. . . if you can't pick it up).

Lesson learned, don't believe the hype surrounding everything.
Silly n00b, don't you know all the internet boner brands are really god and you **** at life? (I'm just kidding. . . if you can't pick it up).
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm almost thinking about running to cartoys and picking up an infinity like my old one...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'm so pissed right now and I know I wont be able to tell anything till I test it again tomorrow.

I'm taking some nyquil and going to sleep, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Just curious, why did you spend $165+ on an 8" sub? I'd much prefer my 2 AA 8"s for LESS money than one rl-i...
Looking for max sound quality with some decnt output and it has to be run off 300RMS. I had never heard the AA or the RL-i and I went with the one I thought had the best specs, good reviews and good looking build quality. Now I'm thinking I might be better off with the AA 10" but we will see tomorrow....

[/thread till morning]

Wow, its only a sub dude, you shouldnt lose sleep over something like this. and what do you expect for a single 8 in a car, its not gona be window shattering loud.

I also agree with what everyone else is saying, that box is too large. also when you said that you made it that large to compinsate for the driver displacement, that ring just made the box that much larger but lifting the sub farther out of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.