RIP Soundman Car Audio

neo_styles
10+ year member

AKA Pop Twidget
WA
Learned something interesting on my trip to Sonic Electronix today. Met with Jordan and Cody (formerly of Soundman) and found out Soundman closed their doors in the last couple weeks. There will be one member of Soundman opening a small garage and doing nothing but iPad installs. Those looking for McIntosh, Hybrid, and Morel will have to search elsewhere.

RIP Soundman

[quote name='sbcaprice305']I actually liked it. All I have left is boring ass Jp or twistd sht.[/QUOTE]

You got @mklett33 ; and his awesome videos. Those are more fun for me than Amplified IMO

Cant say that I do...I have hvca too, just doesn't upload all that often.
Meh last thing I need is even more distractions from work. This forum is enough of one as it is.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

another example of how the big online companies are burying the smaller guys ?
Don't know many big online companies selling Mc, Hybrid, and Morel, though. WoofersETC is pretty much it.

Don't know many big online companies selling Mc, Hybrid, and Morel, though. WoofersETC is pretty much it.
I can't speak as a Morel dealer, but they're not known as a company that allows Internet sales. McIntosh is out of car audio so they probably don't give a rip, and HAT could be similar to Morel in their policy for Internet sales.

As for Soundman Car Audio, let's wait for something official coming from Doug Bernards before we let this thread get out of hand. I think it's slanderous to say they've closed shop without an official statement from the company. Their Facebook page announced a new episode of Amplified today.

I can't speak as a Morel dealer, but they're not known as a company that allows Internet sales. McIntosh is out of car audio so they probably don't give a rip, and HAT could be similar to Morel in their policy for Internet sales.
As for Soundman Car Audio, let's wait for something official coming from Doug Bernards before we let this thread get out of hand. I think it's slanderous to say they've closed shop without an official statement from the company. Their Facebook page announced a new episode of Amplified today.
I'm not trying to be inflammatory, just passing on the news I received today. Have also heard it from an applicant of mine whose friend worked for Soundman. I'm not happy about them going out of business myself. They'll be missed.

I dont see how they would be going out of business though... Every episode they are doing a new Ipad dash, and at $1,200 a pop, I would think that would be enough to keep the lights on and put a few bucks in your pocket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.