right price for component install

$130 sounds reasonable...if you have any skill and/or willing to learn...install them yourself and save $130. But hey, if you have $130 to throw away, and dont want to do it yourself, nothings holding you back.

- Steve

Originally posted by ftgu Best Buy charges $60.

I wouldnt exactly trust them installing anything in my vehicle - although some of the guys I know, know what they are talking about - unlike the many others we have encountered in those types of stores.

- Steve

I used to work at a local chain of high-end home and car audio equipment stores called SoundWaves. I was an installer for a few years. $130 sounds pretty high to me. Unless they are doing some real custom work, like modifying the door panel or cutting a bunch of metal in the door.

I could probably do it for you for a lot cheaper, and I do pretty good work (If I do say so myself). I have a lot of IASCA trophies to back up my work. Give me a "Holler" if you live in the SW Ohio area.

Originally posted by ftgu a hole-saw works great!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
or if you dont think you can do it yourself...find someone (a friend) to help you for free.

dont pay 130 for just the components...thast terrible. my local shop would do my components and 6x9's for 110. if i had 110 to just throw around i would go with them too, but i dont so i will have to get off my lazy ass and do it myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.