Right box for sub and Underpower question

Participant count
  • Participant list

amanc

Hi guys, I've used this forum before and found everyone really helpful and have used a few posts on here that i've found really helpful so I wanted to say thank you for that.

After finally figuring out that amp and sub blew due to setting the gains incorrectly and clipped the subwoofer.

I've bought a new subwoofer and amazon replaced my amp.

i've bought this subwoofer

XSGTR120L 1000W 12" single 4© voice coil subwoofer

along with this box

In Phase Single 12 inch Bass Box (Sealed) - BX12S from In Phase

i wanted to know if this is the right sort of box for what I'm looking for. I want good bumping bass with decent high's and low's. Because of a limited budget i couldn't get an amazing subwoofer and box.

Also, i can't afford a new amp right now, the problem is because they couldn't supply me with the originial sub i wanted, they offered me this one, after placing the order i realised that the sub was 80watts more powerful than my amp (my amp is 300w, although on the car audio centre website is says 350watts). I've now learnt how to set gains correctly. I wanted to know will I still get a decent enough sound that will do until i can buy a new amp.

Thanks in advanced.

I didn't know they had WalMart in the UK.

Seriously, M8, that's like the lowest of the low entry level woofer. I guess at least for 55# you didn't overpay, but performance will be terribly disappointing in virtually any box.

The really bad news is that if you're not in USA you're going to grossly over-pay for just about anything so you'd better be ready to get really creative or start saving for anything that'll have performance to really impress you.

Hopefully you can find some members in Europe who can point you in the direction of something quality that won't break the bank.

Oh wow! Really?! I've been reading reviews and people seem really happy with it. What would you recommend . I've got a small Renault Clio so the air capacity isn't amazing. I had a 10inch in that and it really rocked. I've been told

To look at alpine

That sub isn't going to perform any better than the Sony. Bottom of the barrel is still bottom of the barrel. Honestly I'd save up a little bit and at least go with a Type-S or something along those lines. The only reason I'm really suggesting the Alpine is because I would think it would be easy to come across in the UK.

Type S or Type R? type s's look like tweeters to me
Type R is pretty good quality for what it is. The mid-level Kicker is also generally pretty reliable. Either should be available worldwide.

Might also see if you can find Ground Zero. Their stuff seems quite nice and it's a European brand so you may find some distribution channels near you.

Type R is pretty good quality for what it is. The mid-level Kicker is also generally pretty reliable. Either should be available worldwide.
Might also see if you can find Ground Zero. Their stuff seems quite nice and it's a European brand so you may find some distribution channels near you.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ground-Zero-GZIW-300X-Subwoofer/dp/B002NO8HRY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387617791&sr=1-3&keywords=ground+zero+subwoofer

how about this one,

i can't get a type R as majority are dual voice and and i've only got a two channel amp.

Don't really know about their entry level line. Search around this forum, there's a GZ USA rep. He may be able to chime in on what their entry level is comparable with. I know their higher end stuff is very nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.