RF R250-4 protect light is on, and power light is blinking. What could it be?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mig_akira

Brazil
Hello everyone!

I have a RF Prime R250-4 installed on my Fiat 500. It was working well, until suddenly all sound stopped. I noticed that the protect light is on, and the power light is blinking. It keeps making a "pulsating" sound, because it tries to power on and fails, and then tries to power on again.

After a while it eventually powers on, and then it works perfectly. Until it shuts off again, and the protect light turns on again.

I will take it to the store that installed it on my car, but I would like to have some idea of what it might be. I have a video of the lights:

Thanks!

the protection circuit on the amp is usually triggered by a low resistance load on the amp, could also be a voltage supply issue ie. bad ground, bad fuse, or bad connection somewhere in the power or ground path, hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.