Amps on protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

sameboysamesame

CarAudio.com Newbie
My door speaker was cutting in and out for a few days. I found the issue. It was a loose rca wire. But now that I’ve plugged it back in, my interior amp and also subwoofer amp are both on protect. I have absolutely no audio whatsoever. I have no idea what caused this and don’t know how to fix it without buying new amps. I don’t want to run into the same issue if I spend money for new equipment. Can anyone help me with this fix? Thank you in advance

Where is the RCA in the chain? Maybe the RCA is actually no good or not grounding correctly? Sound's like you have a short or grounding issue somewhere.

Last edited:
My door speaker was cutting in and out for a few days. I found the issue. It was a loose rca wire. But now that I’ve plugged it back in, my interior amp and also subwoofer amp are both on protect. I have absolutely no audio whatsoever. I have no idea what caused this and don’t know how to fix it without buying new amps. I don’t want to run into the same issue if I spend money for new equipment. Can anyone help me with this fix? Thank you in advance
Not sure If I can Help you fix the issue without being present.. But the first thing i would do is remove all RCAs and All speaker wires from the amplifiers in the OFF position, and see they they go out of protect when you turn them back on.
Try that First and let us know what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...