RF Power T1500-1bdCP without big 3 upgrade?

So I want to upgrade my current setup (2Kicker CVR 12" subs being pushed by a cheap NT power NT-1832 at 300 watts RMS which is probably overrated anyway). I wanted to get 2 Rockford Fosgate T1D412's and run them at 1 Ohm and the amp I was looking at was the T1500-1bdcp which at 1 ohm has an RMS of 1500 Watts. I plan on upgrading my wiring kit to a true 4 gauge kit because the current wiring kit I have is pretty thin. I am an amateur at this car audio stuff but I do appreciate low deep bass but anyway with the price of the speakers, the amp, the wiring kit, and possibly a capacitor, this setup will be pretty much right at my budget. I am hoping I do not have to purchase a HO Alternator for my car because for one that actually produces more amps at idle for my car it would cost me an extra $600, plus it is a PITA to change out because of it's location/cramped design. looking at autozone the OEM replacement alternators for my car produce between 105-110 amps. I am really hoping this will be sufficient for the setup that I want. I have a 2001 Mercy cougar V6 DOHC BTW. Thank you very much for your time and please let me know if my electrical system will support this amplifier. Sorry for writing a book, If you need any more info from me just let me know.

Do not buy anything until you research a lot more. You are on a pretty bad track with what you are looking at. Provide a budget and your goals, and we can help you out.

Do not buy anything until you research a lot more. You are on a pretty bad track with what you are looking at. Provide a budget and your goals, and we can help you out.
Is this equipment not good? Or just not good for me because of my budget issue? From the reviews the T1D412's were supposed to be pretty good, but then again the reviews were probably by regular people and not audiophiles like you guys :). My budget is $1,500 and my goal is to upgrade my current system to one that is deeper and louder than my current one. Basically my system now sounds OKish, as in it does add bass and dept to the music but I want more. In my opinion the bass in my current setup is not deep enough nor loud enough. I can hear myself talking even with the volume up and mirrors shaking and what not. The bass also distorts at the volume level I would like to listen to it at and the stock door speakers start to drown out the subs, if anything I want it the other way around. I want to step up to a "real" system.

Thats a good amp. Could save some money and just get like some SSA/Sundown subs which will prob be better. You're going to need 0ga wiring for that amp, and extra battery at least up front as well, although Id recommend a battery in back as well. Those amps clamp in like 2000rms easily.

And you're going to need to do the big 3 in your car. There are a lot of box builders/dealers on this site as sponsors that can get you stuff. @mylows10

With that budget you would be much better getting an HO alt and then going from there. $900 left over after the alt is more than enough to put together a banging system. Get stuff on here used or stuff that isn't name brand. But $1500 on stereo without the electrical to support it is a waste

Big 3 can be done for 50 bucks from most shops if u can't do it then get it done! And your stock alt will b "okay" but certainly not ideal but if you get big 3 and a good batt under the hood and a good one in the trunk you will be okay will fairly small voltage drops but your lights at night will still certainly dimm.

And the t1s are a very good sub imo (the black ones) I used to have 4 of them. But most people will bash you for it on here because its not a "underground mainstream" sun you see if that makes sense . thing I did not like about my t1s is they felt cheap and rather light to me but they can put in some work at their price range

Thats a good amp. Could save some money and just get like some SSA/Sundown subs which will prob be better. You're going to need 0ga wiring for that amp, and extra battery at least up front as well, although Id recommend a battery in back as well. Those amps clamp in like 2000rms easily.
And you're going to need to do the big 3 in your car. There are a lot of box builders/dealers on this site as sponsors that can get you stuff. @mylows10
On the specs for the amp it says it calls for 4 guage wire? so would you still recommend running 0? I assume I would have to also get a power distribution block thing? but then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of going with 0?

Big 3 can be done for 50 bucks from most shops if u can't do it then get it done! And your stock alt will b "okay" but certainly not ideal but if you get big 3 and a good batt under the hood and a good one in the trunk you will be okay will fairly small voltage drops but your lights at night will still certainly dimm.
And the t1s are a very good sub imo (the black ones) I used to have 4 of them. But most people will bash you for it on here because its not a "underground mainstream" sun you see if that makes sense . thing I did not like about my t1s is they felt cheap and rather light to me but they can put in some work at their price range
so it would be OK to run 3 batteries off of my stock alternator? or will that cause issues as well? I assume you wire them up parallel? Yea I understand what your saying. I'm sure the Sundown audio are good because everyone on here talks about them but I guess I thought it would be cool to go Rockford Fosgate all the way, just for uniformity.

the fosgate amps are ok ,not what they used to be 10 years ago tho .the efficiency isnt there anymore like the old school amps tho .if yu are dead set on the fosgate amp then thats cool ,but better and more power amps can be had if you look around .also the subs are ehhh at best .the sundowns ,xfl, dc, tantrics ,and spl audio subs are way better and cost less .as for the wiring that will depend on your amp ,there are some amps that are very efficient and the only thing you'll need is the big 3 and a better battery down the road .i could give you some prices ,but i'm not allowed in this type of discussion ,so send me a pm and i can give you some suggestions of what to look at and some links ,and then maybe some prices .

On the specs for the amp it says it calls for 4 guage wire? so would you still recommend running 0? I assume I would have to also get a power distribution block thing? but then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of going with 0?
You can distro down to 4ga like a foot before the amp. 4ga just cant carry that much power that far, it can a foot or two though.

so it would be OK to run 3 batteries off of my stock alternator? or will that cause issues as well? I assume you wire them up parallel? Yea I understand what your saying. I'm sure the Sundown audio are good because everyone on here talks about them but I guess I thought it would be cool to go Rockford Fosgate all the way, just for uniformity.
One battery under hood, and one in the trunk. Yes, it wont cause problems. What we're saying is why waste your money on something that you could get better from another company. Its not like you're building a show car so why the need for uniformity? Use your money on something else (like electrical). Hit up mylows10 and see if you can work a package deal out or something he has the resources to a lot of different car audio companies and good prices.

the fosgate amps are ok ,not what they used to be 10 years ago tho .the efficiency isnt there anymore like the old school amps tho .if yu are dead set on the fosgate amp then thats cool ,but better and more power amps can be had if you look around .also the subs are ehhh at best .the sundowns ,xfl, dc, tantrics ,and spl audio subs are way better and cost less .as for the wiring that will depend on your amp ,there are some amps that are very efficient and the only thing you'll need is the big 3 and a better battery down the road .i could give you some prices ,but i'm not allowed in this type of discussion ,so send me a pm and i can give you some suggestions of what to look at and some links ,and then maybe some prices .

Yea I totally understand what y'all are saying and I am sure y'all are 100% correct and I really appreciate the advice but unfortunately the budget I had drawn up includes financing the amp at bestbuy (18 months same as cash). They sell the Rockford fosgate amp on their "marketplace" and I am pretty sure all they carry are the big name/overrated brands not monstrosity's you guys speak of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

You can distro down to 4ga like a foot before the amp. 4ga just cant carry that much power that far, it can a foot or two though.

One battery under hood, and one in the trunk. Yes, it wont cause problems. What we're saying is why waste your money on something that you could get better from another company. Its not like you're building a show car so why the need for uniformity? Use your money on something else (like electrical). Hit up mylows10 and see if you can work a package deal out or something he has the resources to a lot of different car audio companies and good prices.

Yea I totally understand what y'all are saying and I am sure y'all are 100% correct and I really appreciate the advice but unfortunately the budget I had drawn up includes financing the amp at bestbuy (18 months same as cash). They sell the Rockford fosgate amp on their "marketplace" and I am pretty sure all they carry are the big name/overrated brands not monstrosity's you guys speak of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
Don't finance through best buy. Their prices are like 3 times higher and they are dumb as ****. Heard a guy in there the other day telling a guy to get smaller subs so that they can play faster. All around a lose/lose there

Don't finance through best buy. Their prices are like 3 times higher and they are dumb as ****. Heard a guy in there the other day telling a guy to get smaller subs so that they can play faster. All around a lose/lose there
Yea I agree, because I work at a computer shop as a technician and the amount of misinformation Best Buy gives out is almost comical. They bring us a lot of business by misdiagnosing computers or just doing a poor job. The amp is listed for like $530 on there website and is sold by a third party (car audio closeout). Sure I could get the amp for like $475 somewhere else but I'll pay the extra $50 to get it financed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.