Restoring the Factory amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mellow

Hello, my aftermarket amp shorted out due to exposed wires and because I'm strapped atm I was thinking of trying to reconnect my factory amp.

The aftermarket was added before I bought the car and after I located the factory I noticed that it had RCA cables in the output going to the aftermarket amp, the aftermarket had the colored wires screwed down as output going into what I believe would be 2 adapters.

I thought this would be a simple Unhook input and output from aftermarket, insert into factory amp, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this going to be too difficult for a beginner or are there just a few wires I need to disconnect to get it up and working again?

The part I'm very stumped at is that the output from the factory is RCA but none of the speakers appear to have RCA inputs into them.

Original Amp

View attachment 26556681

Adapters??

View attachment 26556682

Aftermarket with output wires removed and taped off.

View attachment 26556683

Oh, I guess I'm over my head. I read that the amp in 2010 Acura TSX was behind passengerside panel in the trunk so I thought this was it. Maybe the factory is not still there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Oh, I guess I'm over my head. I read that the amp in 2010 Acura TSX was behind passengerside panel in the trunk so I thought this was it. Maybe the factory is not still there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
y not just reinstall the amp as it was or get a new one they pretty cheap and better than factory..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.