Resonant Engineering problem

hooppro
10+ year member

I talked to RE a couple days ago and they said that because I live in Seattle that I could only buy subs from the local dealer around here. I called the dealer and they were charging $239 for an SE12, the sub I was looking at, compared to the $340 shipped that another member said he paid for two of the same sub. I asked the RE guy about buying direct and he said he couldn't because I had a dealer close so they wouldn't ship to me....I am not about to pay an extra $60 to the dealer. Is there a way around this problem? Please let me know because I am trying to decide between these two of these subs or a Brahma 12, either setup beting powered by a jbl bp1200.1. Gimme your opinion on which would be a better sql setup up too if you get a chance cause I haven't heard either in person.

Thanks for the help

Just to let you know, the local RE dealer is an Adire dealer as well. It is Discount Car Stereo in Kent. So you can go down there and talk to guys who have experience with both drivers. Wes is a great guy and should get you what you need.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

The thing is that I'm a college student and dont wanna spend any more money on my subs that I have too through some dealer so I figured why pay an extra hundred or so dollars for the same product? I wanna get the best price I can on the subs so I guess I'll look into the brahma 15 or XXX 15 (if I could find this at a good price). Maybe I'll get lucky and some RE stuff will pop up on ebay.

Thanks for the help

Marshall owns and operates Visionary Audio. He is an authorized Adire and RE dealer.

As far as the RE situation, unless you have someone else order them for you and ship them to you, there is no way around it. RE has to support their dealer network, that is why you cannot buy directly from them.

I'd think about what you're looking at here ... I mean SE vs. Brahma? I think a single 15" Brahma or XXX would treat you well.

Adire is in Lynnwood ... so what's that, like a 20-30 minute drive ?

The slushies are worth it alone, I'm sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But stay away from this guy ... Steven Kephart ... I hear he's a little different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

But stay away from this guy ... Steven Kephart ... I hear he's a little different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve
What do you mean a little? I'm all different. And right now I'm a little itchy. Just got done trimming a fiberglass mold. BTW, nice name. :thumbsup

But yes, you guys are more than welcome to come down to our shop as well. We have some fun stuff to play with, like a sub that jumps 3" from a 9 volt battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Or you could check out the limo, or if you come by this week you can see the fiberglass enclosure I'm building for a Porsche.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.