Resonant Engineering input on re series

Jameseypoo
5,000+ posts

Keeps it really real.
After my w6v2 is sold, I am going to be going with a resonant engineering setup. I noticed that the re series is very cheap, but i haven't heard them, and the re series is hardly talked about on the boards. can anybody give me input on these. I would like a fair amount of spl, but also good sq (just like every other person...) I have boiled it down to 3 choices. All setups will be in sealed boxes.

Amp Hifonics bx1000d

Choices

3 Re12's

3 Re10's

4 Re10's

Thanks.

The thing is, I don't really think that I have room for 4 12's. I have 1 99 cougar, so its a hatchback, but I don't feel like completely filling up the trunk, although 4 10's may do that.

Does anybody know how these sound? Do they sound similar to the Kicker CompVR's? I need some input on how the 're series' sounds. thanks.

Like i said, since they are all the same line of subs...

Cone area: 3 10's: 75

4 10's: 100

3 12's: 108

since they are all the same line, the displacement would also be proportional. So, i'd get the 3 12's since they'd be the loudest and sound good. What amp would you be using? peace

NG

edit:

btw, those areas are all multiplied by pi... (i.e. 75pi, 100pi, and 108pi)...a very generic comparison...which does not represent the EXACT surface area of the subs. Jut for comparison purposes only.

right now i have a kenwood 1000 watt mono amplifier. ... i think its around 450 rms @ 2 ohms. It's acting up right now, but if I do decide to use it, I will be feeding it 2.67 ohm load. Would this mess up my amp of its not an even 2 ohm load? Anyways, that will be giving my subs about 150 watts a piece. Thinking about getting the hifonics bx1000d amp though if my amp is screwed up.

It's acting up right now, but if I do decide to use it, I will be feeding it 2.67 ohm load. Would this mess up my amp of its not an even 2 ohm load? up.
No, it wouldnt mess your amp up, the only thing that will happen is the amp will put out less power in order to maintain the impedance load...

3 is a bad number for subs (2.67ohms). 4 is a better number, 2 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

4 10''s = 314.00

3 12''s = 339.12

3 10''s = 235.50

trunk space is limited though, even for 3 subs. does anybody know if there are pics on here of like 3-4 subs in the back of an eclipse or the new cougars? i drive a 99 cougar and would like to see if anybody has decent pics of how to put that many subs back there.

Oh yeah, and i don't want to fiberglass anything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.