Reson8's Tbird Build Log

Yeah, that they do. I think I could easily fit 20's all around and it still look good. One day! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I always liked pg's stuff. Pretty well built, and at a decent price nowadays. Figured if I was gonna run pg amps, why not just go all the way? I mean, I certainly did not have to use pg rca's, or the eq really, but as it's all the same finish, I though it'd be a nice visual setup.
It'll definitely be a nice setup when it's done. The front wheels on the car look good, but on the rear they don't fill in very well? Could just be the pictures, I guess. How do you like the Knu Fleks wire? I'm buying some within the next week, so hopefully it's a lot better than the KLM wiring, or else I'm going the cheap way.

It'll definitely be a nice setup when it's done. The front wheels on the car look good, but on the rear they don't fill in very well? Could just be the pictures, I guess. How do you like the Knu Fleks wire? I'm buying some within the next week, so hopefully it's a lot better than the KLM wiring, or else I'm going the cheap way.
I love it. It made this go around so much easier. The stuff is literally like a wet noodle! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Fyi the rubber coating is not slick, like other wire, probably a by product of its flexibility. When you feel it, it seems rather grippy, but this did not cause a problem during install. Kinda weird really....

The KLM is alright, but I really wouldn't want to use it for my power wire. It's just not as flexable as other stuff I've seen. The best wire I've probably seen is the Kicker Hyper Flex. Going to be using that when I get around to buying 0/1 power wire.

That is a nice T-Bird! I agree the tires need to fill it out more, or you need to get bigger rims and low pros, or slam the bish!

I had a 94 LX with the 4.6L in it with an aftermarket supercharger on it and was running 12's with it. Not bad considering I only did that and a couple other things to support the supercharger. Miss that car.........as pretty much all my other rides I had at one time. Enjoy it!

Also I never had to take my fender well off to run power wire............but to be fair to you, I was only running 4g, which was all I needed for what I had in there, which wasn't much.

That is a nice T-Bird! I agree the tires need to fill it out more, or you need to get bigger rims and low pros, or slam the bish!
I had a 94 LX with the 4.6L in it with an aftermarket supercharger on it and was running 12's with it. Not bad considering I only did that and a couple other things to support the supercharger. Miss that car.........as pretty much all my other rides I had at one time. Enjoy it!

Also I never had to take my fender well off to run power wire............but to be fair to you, I was only running 4g, which was all I needed for what I had in there, which wasn't much.

Yeah....I *might* have been able to do it without removing it, but it was sooooo much easier this way. Big rims and thin tires are a must! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

**UPDATE**

Added some pics of my stuffs.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Man you could have ran that 1/0 into the car way easier than pulling the fender halfway. Ive ran 1/0 through my old bird and my cougar that I have now, and I have two runs in the cougar.

Ill dig up a pic....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/MikeyB88/Update008.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/MikeyB88/Update002-1.jpg

Not sure if you can really see it in the first pic or not, but I ran them through the driver side of the firewall. It was a ***** to get a hole drilled back in there but I managed on both the bird and the cougar.

Heres a pic on the inside of the firewall in the cougar.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/MikeyB88/Pix001.jpg

Things are a little different now since the pics but its all still run through those spots.

You can see in the last pic where the padding on the firewall has the one spot pulled out of it, its stamped like that from factory and rips off pretty easy. Then theres a few dimples in the firewall that make a great spot to start drilling a hole up under there.

Just an fyi for you in case you run into issues in the future.

Nice lookin bird too, I want them Cobra Rrrrrr'ssss! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Car is looking good, nice to see a good clean older car and an owner who cars about it.

Power run is certainly different, but seems like it works good.

Nice looking equipment, I have always been a fan of using all matching equipment, or at the least matching up the amps and such.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics of the gear going in.

thats in really good shape, nice car man. i actually like the wheels now, clean, not blingy. an 18-19 inch version of that same wheel would look sweet.

i used to have a really nice '88 cougar xr-7... not the same body style, but i miss that car a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.