Replacing tweeter on Hertz HSK 165 comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I blew my left tweeter today. Makes me sick to my stomach because I just dialed in my imaging. I run the Hertz HSK 165 components. I've been giving them way too much power apparently. I'm looking for the same Hertz HT 25 tweeter to just replace the left blown one but I can't find it anywhere... I did a bit of research and there are some people that have actually simply replaced the tweeters with another type of tweeter altogether, and some actually consider it a big upgrade. One I've seen frequently mentioned is the Vifa (now Tymphany) XT25SC90 for this specific purpose. I found it for around $20:

Tymphany XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter

(Is that per tweeter or for a set?)

A) would this be a good idea?

B) where can I just buy a single Hertz HT 25?

C) what other options would y'all recommend?

And when I replace them, all I need to do is basically swap them out right? Cut wire and solder it back? I would think so, but correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

You can get a single from a dealerYou must have been dirty, I gave mine 100 per active for a few months before I got the HT28s
I was giving them like 300w per... It wasn't dirty haha the gain was turned down pretty far after I set it and played around with it on 450w for a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.