Replacing 10w7 and 10w0's with ????

tmorefi

SJ, CA
Looking for some help. This all in my boat and I'm looking to mix it up some. I have 1 JL 10w7 in a sealed enclosure powered by a 500/1 and 2 JL 10w0's in a sealed enclosure powered by a hifonics bx1000d. Here's the problem. The location where I have the 10w7 is really bad and it gets very muffled. Also, not at all impressed with the output of the 10w0's but the location is good. I'm thinking of getting rid of the 10w7 al together and replacing the 2 10w0's with 2 10w3's and powering them with my 500/1. Will the 500 be enough for the 2 10w3's and will that set up be significantly better then my current? I feel my poor 10w7 just can't get heard where it's located. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Why not power the 10w7 with the Hifonics? I'm not a JL hater but 10w3's are kind of expensive imo. Why not get 2 12's or a beefy a$$ 15. That would probably solve all your problems.

Location is the hardest part in a boat. I have a great spot for the 2 10's so I'm just trying to figure out what to put there. I don't like the current set-up at all. I'm definitely not going to buy another 10w7 and the power required for that.

Any other recommedations? I don't know anything about ssa as I've been out of the game for a number of years. I'll look into them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.