Anybody ever heard of this guy?

Wouldnt trust anything from him. The place of work listed is NuSource Distributors. Their website says they carry the finest audio yet dont have a single brand listed thats even reputable except for DB Drive.

Well he's trying to change my mind into buying "his sub". Got his info from ram-designs. Trying to get a custom box built so when i buy the bl. This is part of emails back n forth:

basicly my sub like small sealed and ported boxes...smaller ported box than the fi bl12..and my 12 dont cost as much and handle the same or a tad more power..now as far as the muddy bass u might have heard..that from the box itself...the tight clean sounding bass is again depending on the box...now i can tell u this much..if u build a box for the fi bl 12 and lets say u do there smallest size ported box which is 1.8 cubes..and lets say we tune it to 33hz...if u put 1000watts to the fi bl and then take it out and put my sub in..my sub will be louder an the lows will pick up alot...its been done already thats how i know...u have a couple fi nuthuggers in the 5 boros and when some saw the test...they sold there fi and went with my subs....

Well he's trying to change my mind into buying "his sub". Got his info from ram-designs. Trying to get a custom box built so when i buy the bl. This is part of emails back n forth:
basicly my sub like small sealed and ported boxes...smaller ported box than the fi bl12..and my 12 dont cost as much and handle the same or a tad more power..now as far as the muddy bass u might have heard..that from the box itself...the tight clean sounding bass is again depending on the box...now i can tell u this much..if u build a box for the fi bl 12 and lets say u do there smallest size ported box which is 1.8 cubes..and lets say we tune it to 33hz...if u put 1000watts to the fi bl and then take it out and put my sub in..my sub will be louder an the lows will pick up alot...its been done already thats how i know...u have a couple fi nuthuggers in the 5 boros and when some saw the test...they sold there fi and went with my subs....
All his test simply did is show that his sub is optimal in a 1.8 cube enclosure where as the Fi BL is not. Put them both in optimal enclosures and see what happens.

Where did you find this guy at?? Now I trust Ram,and hes a local guy in my area, and highly respectable on this forum.If he recommended you, how did he go about it?Thanks

80Audio, and from NY...I figure that's 80inches off of the forums. He has a ton of experience with bandpass boxes, which is what he is known for on the forums(mainly).

Well, he sent me an email saying that he designs them using DC parts, 1500rms $315 shipped. The pic he got on FB looks like a DC XL doesn't it?

Yes it is Stan, 80Inches. He started his own company around 10 months ago im going to say.

I would trust his product and everything he says with no second thoughts.

I have met him in person a few times. Extremely knowledgeable and is a cool guy to hang out with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.