replacement bluetooth adapter/dongle for jvc head unit

ok i should of researched this first. the part you're looking for is ks-ubt1, available on amazon for $12 Amazon.com: Plugable® USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible): Computers & Accessories
Hi, I'm the Bluetooth person at Plugable Technologies who make the adapter mentioned in wew lad's post, and I joined this forum mainly to make it clear that our Plugable Bluetooth adapter will most definitely NOT work in place of the ks-ubt1. The JVC ks-ubt1 is a proprietary adapter, and only a replacement from JVC will work. Thanks!

Hi, I'm the Bluetooth person at Plugable Technologies who make the adapter mentioned in wew lad's post, and I joined this forum mainly to make it clear that our Plugable Bluetooth adapter will most definitely NOT work in place of the ks-ubt1. The JVC ks-ubt1 is a proprietary adapter, and only a replacement from JVC will work. Thanks!
I highly recommend you include that it is not compatible with head units or anything with proprietary parts and software in your sale listings..

I highly recommend you include that it is not compatible with head units or anything with proprietary parts and software in your sale listings..
Yes, sorry about that. We've always had it there, but down in the description of the product, since Amazon restricts how much information we can put in the bullet points at the top. This is what it currently says:

Q: Will this work with my TV or my car stereo system?

A: Sorry, this device will only work when plugged into supported Windows or Linux computers, including Raspberry Pi with Raspian. Even though TVs and stereos have USB ports, they don't have the necessary drivers to support this adapter. If your car stereo takes a similar-looking Bluetooth dongle, you'll have to buy that exact adapter from the stereo maker or car dealer.

Last year, when the OP asked about it, it was shorter:

Does NOT support adding Bluetooth functionality to home theater or automotive systems

I joined this forum just to post on this.

I recently purchased a car with the kd-x50bt unit but no bluetooth module. I had some old bluetooth usb modules that i was not using and i thought I might as well try them because replacements cost more than a new unit. I found one that works flawlessly as a replacement.

Bluetooth_adapter.jpg

Model number is MBD-C4-20-2

Looks like you might be able to get them here

MBD-C4-20-2 - mavin, Wireless & Audio Expert, True Wireless Earbuds

In any case you might just get lucky if you try plugging in usb bluetooth adapters.

I also joined specifically to point out the following...

I have a JVC KD-R711 and also needed the KS-UBT1. I only had one bluetooth dongle kicking about, a Tesco supermarket branded dongle that I bought here in the UK 7-8 years ago. It has worked a treat with my HU for 12 months now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.