Stock speaker replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mission Shane

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, looking to replace the stock speakers in my '03 Honda Accord LX. It comes stock with 6 speakers. 2 tweets in the upper dash, 2 6.5's in the front doors and 2 6x9's in the rear deck. I have a Kenwood HU with a 600.1 recoil amp running 2 JL Audio subs at 2 ohm in a sealed custom box in the trunk. I have a small MTX 75.4 amp to run the new in car speakers. Is it even worth it to replace the rear 6x9's? Would i be better off bridging the amp to 2 channels and running 2 new door speakers up front and leaving the tweets on the HU? And removing the rear speakers and use the holes as a port for the bass from the trunk? I can barely hear the rears as it is now.

Run it 4 channels and replace all 4. I'd get some adapters and run these (they're about half off normal) all around:

Or, these upfront:

Amazon product ASIN B0B8F1BPQS
These in the rear:

Amazon product ASIN B09RG5M7B8
I've used both and think highly of bot too.

Hey all, looking to replace the stock speakers in my '03 Honda Accord LX. It comes stock with 6 speakers. 2 tweets in the upper dash, 2 6.5's in the front doors and 2 6x9's in the rear deck. I have a Kenwood HU with a 600.1 recoil amp running 2 JL Audio subs at 2 ohm in a sealed custom box in the trunk. I have a small MTX 75.4 amp to run the new in car speakers. Is it even worth it to replace the rear 6x9's? Would i be better off bridging the amp to 2 channels and running 2 new door speakers up front and leaving the tweets on the HU? And removing the rear speakers and use the holes as a port for the bass from the trunk? I can barely hear the rears as it is now.
I myself would use that MTX amplifier on the front stage on 2chs with a decent set of components of at the least 90rms per side @4 ohms. I would not purchase the rear deck 6x9s until you remove them to see if you enjoy the substage more without them in place. You will gain more lows into the cabin with them removed. you can always place the rear 6x9s in to see if you like that better. I would run the Rear RCAs for the rear chs, and have that ready to play with and test to see if those 6x9s sound any better than off the HU that they are now. If you do decide to keep the 6x9s in the rear deck. I highly recommend that you seal them off in the Shared trunk space as the subs so that they do not get damaged. The subs air pressure will push the cones on the 6x9s and when they are in play and will XMAX those cones and eventually destroy those 6x9s. Doesnt take much to seal them off by getting creative with some ABS plastic or some 1/2" or even 1/4" plywood,and some L brackets and silicone. to keep them safe from getting pushed to theyre limitations and beyond from the subs air pressure movement.

I like your idea. My rear speakers are also almost invisible. I didn't remove them, but I cut some baffles to let the subwoofers sound escape the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...