removing sound deadener?

uncfanforlife07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Raleigh, NC
is there a way to remove sound deadening material? Im selling my car and Id like to take some or all of it off of my trunk lid so that I can put the carpet back on it. I was dumb and didnt think about having to put the carpet back on later and I covered the holes where the screws go. I have second skin damplifier.

is there a way to remove sound deadening material? Im selling my car and Id like to take some or all of it off of my trunk lid so that I can put the carpet back on it. I was dumb and didnt think about having to put the carpet back on later and I covered the holes where the screws go. I have second skin damplifier.
you cant just screw threw the deadener and just put the carpet over it? removing will be pretty messy and a pain in the ass.

line up the carpet in the car and find where the holes are. then poke them out. and pop the carpet back in with the deadener.
thats what i was thinking about doing, the only problem is that the carpet wont completely cover it.

it will probally leave some behind but it will be easy to get it off, also you can probally use GooGone but I have a gallon of aceton on hand at all times. be careful what you get it on.

Never understood taking it off. Are you selling it privately? Or through a dealer? If privately, I would leave it on and tell the buyer it will help cut back road noise, or if he is into music, will help with the sound.

Maybe buy some ensolite and put over top of it? I don't know. I would take me weeks to take mine off...................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.