Removing '94 Ford Probe head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Race
10+ year member

I can't seem to get the stock head unit out of my Probe and it doesn't want to come out. I'm using a tool made specifically to get it out, but it still wont budge. Does anyone know any other way to get it out or where the clips that hold it in are located?

Thanks

That's what I might end up doing. It's just a cassette player anyway.

Thanks for the tip though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Is this the tool that you are using?

AMR930H.jpg

If so, the OEM Radio will come out with it. It is a fairly tight fit in Probe's, and you may have to work a little, but it will come out.

I've had the best luck by inserting the above tool into the DIN openings of the OEM Radio at least 2 inches, and then pushing the outside of the tool away from the radio while pulling it out.

Never had a Ford Radio fail to come out that way.

The clips for the OEM Radio, are actually what you are moving with this tool, and there are only the four that support it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.