Remote

Participant count
  • Participant list

07Jeeper

CarAudio.com Newbie
NH
So i recently installed a new head unit works perfectly then added my amp what happens is the radio shuts off and amp stays on. So I removed the remote wire from the amp and radio turns back on connect the remote wire back to amp and radio shuts back off.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you saying the Whole HU shuts off with the remote wire is hooked up to the amp?
You could just use a fuse tap for your remote wire
Its like a $10 part at your local auto supply store
Tap into your wiper or sunroof fuse in the fuse box in the inside of the car and then run a wire from the tap to your remote terminal on your amp
Since the fuse doesn't get power until the car turns on it does the same job as your remote wire from your HU
Those of us that are not able to put in an after market HU have to run a remote this way

Correct
Then soon as i remove remote wire from the amp the hu comes right back on.
Re attache remote wire to amp the amp turns on a d hu turns right off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.