Recone supplies

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know I need a bunch of clamps.What kind of black glue do you guys recommend. Something sold at Home Depot
Instant Adhesives | Rubber Bonding - Adhesive Systems Inc

I use RP4000 for everything except dustcap to cone, not sure where you can find it in smaller than half gallon size though. Amazing Goop (shoe goop is best) is acceptable all around and very good for dustcap to cone. If done correctly your glue will not be the weak link and CA glue has some good advantages over epoxy and other things some folks like to use.

I use RP4000 for everything except dustcap to cone, not sure where you can find it in smaller than half gallon size though. Amazing Goop (shoe goop is best) is acceptable all around and very good for dustcap to cone. If done correctly your glue will not be the weak link and CA glue has some good advantages over epoxy and other things some folks like to use.
Is this that stuff with the spray activator?

Using activator is optional, but I like it most of the time. It's a super thick CA glue.
Right on. Had i known about refoaming woofers back in the day, i could have saved my HE2's. Shame that theyre gone because i saw no way for me to save them and we dont have any local shops who would even look at car audio. Only local stuff here is for home and PA stuff.

So one of these preferably shoe goo

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/jjzickowski1/Screenshot_20170622-202201_zpszwb8qfro.png' alt='Screenshot_20170622-202201_zpszwb8qfro.png'>

}[/img]

Think there will be a noticeable difference between the black glue on the build house dustcap sub ans the clear on the recone zub?
the color is for aesthetics.

For recones I use thick CA glue for spiders and dustcap. amazing goop for the surround.

You can use CA glue for everything if you want. Amazing goop just has a bit more give, rubber like finish.

You can also use epoxy for the spiders.

I've used this stuff before:

THICK CA Glue - Super Glue - (TWO) - 2 oz. Bottles - Hobbybond Cyanoacrylate

https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Industries-BSI-151H-Accelerator/dp/B0166FFCCS/ref=pd_sim_21_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0166FFCCS&pd_rd_r=YDFFN7YMWVYR6G3JPY9P&pd_rd_w=v8G29&pd_rd_wg=p9qww&psc=1&refRID=YDFFN7YMWVYR6G3JPY9P

On amazon you can get small clamps for really cheap. I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Spring-Metal-Clamps-20-wholesale/dp/B00COXDTFO/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1498199406&sr=1-4&keywords=clamps

One is order is enough but they are cheap so i got three, cant have enough lil clamps.

You may also need solder and an iron if the recone doesn't have direct leads.

You'll have to solder your leads to your terminals if not.

Think there will be a noticeable difference between the black glue on the build house dustcap sub ans the clear on the recone zub?
The shoe goop is black. If you wait about 5-10 minutes after setting the cap with the clear stuff it's really easy to gently peel out excess glue from around the seem. Wait until it's not wet and sticky but still soft enough to pick off like a booger.

Like I said, either hold up great for dustcaps and I know a couple mid 160 builds that use only shoe goop to build their subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.