Recommendation SVC 4 OHM

kustomciv
10+ year member

Florida
Looking for a recommendation for a Single Voice Coil 4 Ohm in the park of 600 - 800 RMS

still learning this stuff but right now I have a SVC 4ohm rated 600 RMS and I am looking to add a second sub and get to a 2OHM load

If someone can please verify that I can as well, This is the diagram I am going off of

2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

4ohm SVC + 4ohm SVC on mono amp = 2 ohm load?

Thank you

Its not recommended that you mix and match subwoofers. If you're looking to run 2 subs, find a match to the one you own now. Or you can buy a pair of matching subwoofers.

what if I'm running two svc 4ohm subwoofers rated at 600watts rms each, In other words making the specs as close as possible even though the brands/type are different. Would that still be a problem?

I don't think I will have a lot of luck finding another mac daddy in decent condition, Maybe I will just have to buy another sub and scrap the dual sub idea

what if I'm running two svc 4ohm subwoofers rated at 600watts rms each, In other words making the specs as close as possible. Would that still be a problem?
I don't think I will have a lot of luck finding another mac daddy in decent condition, Maybe I will just have to buy another sub and scrap the dual sub idea
Matching power handling and voice coil configuration can hardly be called making the specs close. It's a very, very bad idea.

what if I'm running two svc 4ohm subwoofers rated at 600watts rms each, In other words making the specs as close as possible. Would that still be a problem?
Just because specs are similar doesnt mean the parts used to make the subs are the same. Also doesnt mean box requirements are the same.

what if I'm running two svc 4ohm subwoofers rated at 600watts rms each, In other words making the specs as close as possible even though the brands/type are different. Would that still be a problem?
good idea. Or, you could still run dual subs just be sure they match.

Did u have a budget for a single sub? and where in FL are u located?

good idea. Or, you could still run dual subs just be sure they match.
Did u have a budget for a single sub? and where in FL are u located?

Naples,

Budget is under $300, because I have to buy a new box as well.

I want a 10" DVC 4ohm

Was looking at the PSI subs a few weeks ago, They seem nice but I haven't met anyone that has them locally.

My diamond audio macdaddy has been great but I just bought a new truck so I am ready to upgrade to a bigger and better setup

Naples,

I want a 10" DVC 4ohm

Was looking at the PSI subs a few weeks ago, They seem nice but I haven't met anyone that has them locally.

My diamond audio macdaddy has been great but I just bought a new truck so I am ready to upgrade to a bigger and better setup
So, u need 2 10" D4 subs that can handle 600rms or one? I thought u were trying to run at 2 ohms?

So, u need 2 10" D4 subs that can handle 600rms or one? I thought u were trying to run at 2 ohms?
oh no, you asked my budget for a single sub. Since I can't pair my current sub with another one then I will just buy one sub that can handle more than my current one vs buying 2 subs

So I need one sub that I can run at 2ohms which would be either a SVC 2ohm or a DVC 4ohm right?

but I'm thinking I would be better off to get a DVC 4ohm so if I ever decided to pair it with the same sub I would still be able to be at 2ohm

Naples,

I want a 10" DVC 4ohm

Im pretty sure he states A 10in DVC4ohm sub(meaning hed still like to be @2ohms:)

oh no, you asked my budget for a single sub. Since I can't pair my current sub with another one then I will just buy one sub that can handle more than my current one vs buying 2 subs
So I need one sub that I can run at 2ohms which would be either a SVC 2ohm or a DVC 4ohm right?

but I'm thinking I would be better off to get a DVC 4ohm so if I ever decided to pair it with the same sub I would still be able to be at 2ohm
Ahh ok now I'm with u. Yes DVC 4 ohm would be good for a 2 ohm load.

Ofcourse there's the SSA Dcons or Dayton HOs.....that can be had for 300 or less a pair and are single 4 ohm and will handle your 600 at 2 ohms and then some.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.