aq hdc4 to sundown ns? upgrade or downgrade?

I have two 12" aq hdc4's on a sundown saz-3500. I was wondering, would it be an upgrade or downgrade going to sundown night shades or even z v3's.

I wanna do a simple sub swap in a box thats 5.2 net(might be more with sundowns) and a tuning of 34 hz. Im pretty impressed with the output and its metering a good 151.6 out of a trunk. Just wondering if the sundown nightshade or zv3 might be better.

any opinions? thanks

def upgrade if you go ns.... they can take a beatin from what I have seen and heard, and they will handle more than the hdc4s... but if you are happy with what you have then why change???

def upgrade if you go ns.... they can take a beatin from what I have seen and heard, and they will handle more than the hdc4s... but if you are happy with what you have then why change???
Oh I love these subs but Ive always wanted to get my hands on a sundown nightshade. Ive always been hearing lots of good things about them. I was just wondering if I decide to change subs, if the sundown nightshade would be over all better. I still want it for daily but to get loud too.

Oh I love these subs but Ive always wanted to get my hands on a sundown nightshade. Ive always been hearing lots of good things about them. I was just wondering if I decide to change subs, if the sundown nightshade would be over all better. I still want it for daily but to get loud too.
if you want an upgrade just get an 18 like mine.... beast mode.

I don't see too big of a gain as well...I say stick with what you have and trade it out when you get tired of your setup or a good deal passes by.

I don't see too big of a gain as well...I say stick with what you have and trade it out when you get tired of your setup or a good deal passes by.
So no point then?

My other choice was making the enclosure smaller and adding a second saz-3500 and highering the tuning to maybe around 37 hz. I know for sure that the hdc4 can take that much power because when I only had one 12" hdc4 a while back, it took that amp like a champ in an over sized enclosure at .5 ohm. It never got stinky or anything.

So no point then?
My other choice was making the enclosure smaller and adding a second saz-3500 and highering the tuning to maybe around 37 hz. I know for sure that the hdc4 can take that much power because when I only had one 12" hdc4 a while back, it took that amp like a champ in an over sized enclosure at .5 ohm. It never got stinky or anything.
18's ftw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Not sure about cone area, but wouldnt two 12's have more motor strength than one 18 and better chance in getting louder in a trunk?
I would vote for the 18 but we will just have to see who is louder as soon as soon as I get my system finished...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.