Recommendation on Sundown SA-8 or SA-12

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all, I'm looking to get a subwoofer for my '13 FRS.

I like to listen to a lot of Eurobeat, trap, and trance (so very fast based bass, accuracy is important)

I'm not trying to get window-shaking, car-rattling bass. I just want some extra deep oomph that my stock speakers don't provide on the low end. I am looking for deep, clear bass

While researching through the forums, I decided to go with Sundown audio, as they are reasonably priced and of high quality.

Here are my questions:

1) From watching videos, it seems like a SA-8 is more than enough for my needs (plenty of vids of them rattling cars and windows). Would anyone agree/disagree?

2) For a single sub, should I go with the 4 OHM or 2 OHM?

3) Any recommended amps?

Thanks!

Hi all, I'm looking to get a subwoofer for my '13 FRS.
I like to listen to a lot of Eurobeat, trap, and trance (so very fast based bass, accuracy is important)

I'm not trying to get window-shaking, car-rattling bass. I just want some extra deep oomph that my stock speakers don't provide on the low end. I am looking for deep, clear bass

While researching through the forums, I decided to go with Sundown audio, as they are reasonably priced and of high quality.

Here are my questions:

1) From watching videos, it seems like a SA-8 is more than enough for my needs (plenty of vids of them rattling cars and windows). Would anyone agree/disagree?

2) For a single sub, should I go with the 4 OHM or 2 OHM?

3) Any recommended amps?

Thanks!
Get the sa8v3 d2 and wire to 1 ohm. Put it in a .75 net cube ported box tuned to 38hz or if you have the room put it in a tline and it will bang guaranteed.

A SA-8 with the right amp and right enclosure will def be a nice choice. They are little monsters! I run a sundown E8v4 and while def not an SA-8, it works pretty darn good for my small car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.