Recommendation for TECHNO

Participant count
  • Participant list

K9Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
ITALY
Hello friends. I'm about to rebuild my subwoofer section. Flat wall with 6 12's on 3 soundigital 8k's. But i need a recommendation for a model that can play Techno, Hardstyle, Dubstep, Trance, Psytrance and all that EDM stuff. Actually i have 2 pride sv3 15's, they are monsters, but on low bass and rebassed music only. I need something really musical, SQL oriented. Some people suggested me DD712, what do you know about it? Any other good brand and model?

Well then, thinking outside the box - Peerless by Tymphany STW-350F-188PR01-04 15" High Power Subwoofers, if you can find them, they are amazing!
15" subs with 7 1/2" voice coils, rated to take 3500 watts RMS, Fs 25.3Hz, 88.7db sensativity, SQL all the way! 4 of these in parallel (1 ohm) instead of 6 12's, your all set! DigiKey direct at $470.02 each. I built two subs for a guy's home theater, ran each with a Crown professional XLi 3500 amp, was simply breathtaking. 2.25" MDF cabs, 4.5" faces, unbelievable sound reporduction on all levels from around 21 to 80Hz. THese babies are real heavy too, you'll likely need 2" thick birch ply with ribs in your application! These units have additional mounting supports on the rear of the drivers too, again, they are heavvvvy!

Last edited:
Well then, thinking outside the box - Peerless by Tymphany STW-350F-188PR01-04 15" High Power Subwoofers, if you can find them, they are amazing!
15" subs with 7 1/2" voice coils, rated to take 3500 watts RMS, Fs 25.3Hz, 88.7db sensativity, SQL all the way! 4 of these in parallel (1 ohm) instead of 6 12's, your all set! DigiKey direct at $470.02 each. I built two subs for a guy's home theater, ran each with a Crown professional XLi 3500 amp, was simply breathtaking. 2.25" MDF cabs, 4.5" faces, unbelievable sound reporduction on all levels from around 21 to 80Hz. THese babies are real heavy too, you'll likely need 2" thick birch ply with ribs in your application! These units have additional mounting supports on the rear of the drivers too, again, they are heavvvvy!
That's an impressive subwoofer, never heard about that! I take a closer look, it seems very very SQ oriented

SQ yes but with a low Fs. 7.5" VC and a 3500 watt RMS rated capability, it’s a beast of a performer. Not well known in the car audio circuit, but is holds its own with subs costing 2 to 3 times what it sells for. One of the advantages of playing five instruments (and using some pro audio equipment) and having done much more in home speaker design and HT subwoofer builds is having a very broad knowledge/experienced background. That also means that I have been exposed to a lot of different equipment in my 42 years in this hobby. Peerless, Vifa, Morel, Focal, MB Quart, Phillips, A/D/S, Pioneer to name a few were/are all well established names in the home Hi-fi markets and some like MB Quart, Pioneer, Morel, Focal and to a lesser degree Vifa/Tymphany (who now owns Peerless) also became big names in car audio. Pioneer makes so many speakers for Pioneer and others it’s hard to keep track, they're one of, if not the largest driver manufacturers out there! The “Z” series components and coaxial are outstanding (just wish they had splurged a little more and offered a 3-way component set)! If you search for Pioneer Carrozzeria, you’ll pull up a shizload of stuff they offer in Europe and Japan that is on a par with Focal or Morel or any other high end stuff. Anyhow, Peerless designs AND manufactures some of the best stuff available and generally they out perform their counterparts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...