recommendation for a DD that wants to bump?

x91evo
10+ year member

hey all, bass was always my first love but I soon moved on to something else and now I'm back..

so many new brands and new designs have came up since I havent been following audio as much,

my question is what would be something reliable for me to have in my 97 Jeep, while still being reliable?

I want some loud sounds, I was thinking solox 18? maybe four L7s? Or a pioneer comp 15 is some I were looking at, I dont know school me on what is worth the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

budget is limited somewhat but I would rather have a system that bumps then cash in my pocket!

thanks in advance for any input

incriminator audio, ascendant audio, dd audio, re audio, rd audio, sundown audio, image dynamics, orion, fi audio,

hell even jl audio is better than the stuff you named

whats the budget?

so no kickers? **** thought they were alright, budget isnt so much an option, nothing to insane, I just dont want to run anything more than one high output alt, and two batteries max

how about 9500s 15s? I got the hook up on those

I just dont want it to sound like every other 2 12s bumping, should I be focusing more on the design of the box? taking advantage of my trunk space?

incriminator audio, ascendant audio, dd audio, re audio, rd audio, sundown audio, image dynamics, orion, fi audio,
hell even jl audio is better than the stuff you named

whats the budget?
you are a bit misguided kicker isnt bad i ran an l7 12 for a while and it wasnt bad at all even burped it with a 2500 im not sayin there isnt better out there but your talking like kicker is trash...

so no kickers? **** thought they were alright, budget isnt so much an option, nothing to insane, I just dont want to run anything more than one high output alt, and two batteries max
how about 9500s 15s? I got the hook up on those
if your talking about DD 9515s then that is a fine choice

you are a bit misguided kicker isnt bad i ran an l7 12 for a while and it wasnt bad at all even burped it with a 2500 im not sayin there isnt better out there but your talking like kicker is trash...
Granted i'm not a sq buff or anything but kickers can sound quite good if you have them in a proper enclosure, I just traded off two L7 8's for a custom tc3hp 12":yumyum: and I thought they sounded great in a 2 cube box tuned at 35hz, They were quite good sounding on anything I threw at them in the 40hz and up range, they didn't stand a chance against my Fi Q 12" under 40hz but smashed it at anything over that and sounded great doing it.

thats what i was afraid of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
then your fears are confirmed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif haha

but yea I kind of got the vibe that kickers are trash just looking around this site..

idk I would think something that would last, and wouldnt be too insanely priced, but I want to hit the dbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just recently bought a box for two 15s 1 inch mdf, 3.5 cubic ft per chamber, 7 in total..

so if anyone could help me from here that would be nice haha

so deff the mtx are out of the question because I think their max enclosure size ported it around 3cubic ft

then your fears are confirmed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif hahabut yea I kind of got the vibe that kickers are trash just looking around this site..

idk I would think something that would last, and wouldnt be too insanely priced, but I want to hit the dbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It isnt that they are trash, there is just better for the money. Everyone comes on here asking about their alpine type Rs and their jl whatevers and their L7s like they are the shi*t for the money, but there are many USA made brands that will play louder and cleaner for the price.

Id have to recommend Sundown or DD myself (stfu im not a fanboy but they havent been brought up really)

opinions on two 15" FI SSDs?

idk someone help me out lol everyone is going against each other about whats reliable and will pound

but I guess everyone has their opinions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.