Recommendation? - 2010 Sierra crew SLT w/ bose

Participant count
  • Participant list
So .. I'm getting a some subs for my truck, and to utilize the subs fully getting a new head unit.

i was thinking of going with a "pioneer avh-x400bh" 8400 has a good deal on, but 3400/2400 is fine too.

I'm planning on running 2 Sundown SA-10D4's in a vented box with a q1-1200d amp @1ohm under the back seat. airspace and everything checks out.

With that sub setup will i need to upgrade the speakers to keep some balance between the treble and bass? So what to do with the factory bose system?

Rip 'er all out and get a new amp and speakers?

Replace just the speakers and keep bose amp?

Use the new HU with the bose amp and speakers?

Thanks for any input in advance.

for reference:

Box: 07-UP GM CREW CAB 2-10" VENTED

Subwoofer: Amazon.com: SA-10 D4 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 4-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Amplifier: Q1-1200D Amplifier

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Adapter: PAC RP4-GM31 GM Factory Integration Adapter For installing a new radio in select 2006-up GM vehicles — retains steering wheel controls, warning chimes, rear seat video, and Bose® amp at Crutchfield.com

just wait and see. replacing the Bose system requires time and money. the Bose speakers (while cheap) are properly located and well implemented.

if you upgrade, plan on new component speakers and a new amp to power them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.