Recommend me a sub

that or just read up on how to set the gain on the amp. i could put a 2500w amp on that sub and it would blow but if i set the amp right the sub wouldnt because it would only be seeing 600-800rms what ever i would decide to set it to. this sub should handle 1k rms fine anyway if u set the amp right

I have a Alpine pdx1.1000 amp. I bought a swr-1243d 12 inch type r and im worried that Ill over power it. Price range is about 100 to 200 dollars. Does not have to be alpine. Thanks.
I don't see what's the problem. Your subwoofer should run fine. Having more power than subwoofer's rating is fine unless you do something stupid. You will be fine if you simply use the subwoofer to complement the front stage to enjoy real music content _inside_ the car, instead of testing how far can you blast synthetic bass outside of your car. For sealed box application, I'd take SWR over SA-12. People love them for "power handling", but SA subs have relatively low sensitivity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.