Recommend me a 6.5 mid that is great with metal rock music

Looking to spend around 300$

Right now I have hsk165xl and they sound "ok" to me, but they do not seem to be as crisp or as clear as I would like to be. It also sounds as if the singer has there hand in front of there face, I gone through tuning and double checking everything, still can't get it right.

Thanks

u have a 500.00 pair of components and they don't sound good?, what r u using to tune them

R u running then passive or active?

Those are some extremely high rated rated speakers. I can guarantee you that its something else along the line that is causing your muffled Mids. Are your doors sound deadened. Could be your crossover point. What is your whole set up? Headunit/amp/Ect.

I would take those 165xl's over almost anything, i wonder if you have a problem with your doors, maybe they're resonating causing distortion or that muddy sound you're talking about.

I'd be willing to bet it's either his head unit or his doors. I'm fact...of his tweeters are off axis by a lot. He wont have clear vocals at all. I also knew all of Hertz lines passive crossovers are way to low. They really like the 4-5khz range

Looking to spend around 300$
Right now I have hsk165xl and they sound "ok" to me, but they do not seem to be as crisp or as clear as I would like to be. It also sounds as if the singer has there hand in front of there face, I gone through tuning and double checking everything, still can't get it right.

Thanks
Doesnt matter what speaker you buy you will get the same results. What you are wanting is related to signal processing and Digital time alignment along with proper speaker positioning. This is all a results of a either bad install or lack of proper tuning/ sound processing.

Get a jbl ms-8

the best thing you can do to achieve your goals.

Yes they are real bought from dealer, thanks for all the responses back. I keep reading and trying new things, and just can't get it right. I'm getting frustrated real quick, been at this problem for a while.

I do also wonder about resonating in the doors.

80prs active

Doors sealed and dynamat

sub 63hz mid 120-5k tweet 5k

NVX JAD800.4

Tweeters pointed at me

Yes they are real bought from dealer, thanks for all the responses back. I keep reading and trying new things, and just can't get it right. I'm getting frustrated real quick, been at this problem for a while.
I do also wonder about resonating in the doors.

80prs active

Doors sealed and dynamat

sub 63hz mid 120-5k tweet 5k

NVX JAD800.4

Tweeters pointed at me

time alignment properly set? tried the auto EQ/TA yet?

I'd be willing to bet it's either his head unit or his doors. I'm fact...of his tweeters are off axis by a lot. He wont have clear vocals at all. I also knew all of Hertz lines passive crossovers are way to low. They really like the 4-5khz range
HSK and up do very well at 3k with a -24db slope.

HSK and up do very well at 3k with a -24db slope.
My esks are great between 4-5k.

Sounds like. You have everything set right hardware wise. Have you changed the eq to different presets to see if that fixes it? If it does. Then your eq is off and you need to tune more.

Also you are running active right off a 4 channel? You're not trying to tune with a passive crossover...right?

How is your Mids and highs level set on the HU and how are your gains set on your amp?

My esks are great between 4-5k.
Sounds like. You have everything set right hardware wise. Have you changed the eq to different presets to see if that fixes it? If it does. Then your eq is off and you need to tune more.

Also you are running active right off a 4 channel? You're not trying to tune with a passive crossover...right?

How is your Mids and highs level set on the HU and how are your gains set on your amp?
lol wrong dude. Not op

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.