Recommend a subwoofer for a sealed box

jstbass
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here is the situation, I was given a fiberglass box behind the center console of my Toyota Tundra. I calculated that its roughly 1.5 cubic ft. I was hoping someone could recommend a subwoofer that would sound good in a sealed box. I am looking for a musical sub that can hit more than one note. The price range would be up too 300. Brand does not matter, I do not have any experience with newer brands such as fi audio, RD, DC, or AQ and would love to try one. Thanks for any input.

BTW, I will be powering it with an Alpine PDX 1000.1. Thanks again.

Sorry I forgot to mention the size, 12". The depth is roughly 9"-10" so no more than that. Thanks for the input so far.

I thought about the shiva too, I am not sure if the x is the new model.

with winisd there is very little difference between fi q, shiva, ae av. on the spl side it shows the fi q being maybe 1-2 dbs lower, but no biggie.

the only other thing i noticed was the shiva liked a 1.4 box for best sq, where like the q want .3

how would u know which to go with besides price?

I would factor in the weight and surround size. The subwoofer would be firing down and the legs that hold it up allow for no more than 3"-4" between the floor and box.

An IDMAX would sound nice in 1.5 sealed. I've had one in that space before and it was pretty loud for a single sealed 12 and it sounded amazing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.