looking for 500w rms single sub recommendations

ljaudio
10+ year member

NC
im looking for a single sub setup that can handle 500 watts rms. i would like to go small, a 10 or 12 ported but i wouldnt mind a 15 sealed. the sub will be in a 2004 jeep grand cherokee. my goal is to sound real clean on all music, i dont care about being loud. budget is still undecided. thanks for the help

Image Dynamics IDQ v.3 12 inch. I have one and i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for clean bass and its rated around 500 rms too. Search for it here and you will found nothing but good reviews about them.

looking at woofersetc.com i see the idq 10 is rated 500watts and the 12 is rated 750watts. with a 500 watt amp would i get better results with the 10

no, they should be the same parts other than the cone size so I don't see why they would be different. Are the coils the same size?
the website i was on had wrong info. i just checked out the manufactures website and they are both rated the same

The 12 inch IDQV3 would be much better off with 500 watts than the 10 inch. The 10 inch model will bottom out much sooner with 500 watts than the 12.

I used to own both the IDQ12v3 and the IDQ10v3 and at different times ran an Alpine PDX 600.1 and a JL 1000.1 (when I had two 12's) 500 watts is about the max I'd run to the 12 inch version and the 10 I'd give around 300 watts.

If you have an underrated 500 watt amp you will still have to be carefull using this power on the 12 inch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.