Recommend a good 15" HT sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

psych0ticnemes1
5,000+ posts

Psych0tic Customs
Behind You
I plan on building a low tuned ported enclosure and using this for HT as well as in my vehicle occasionally.

For HT use, I have 500rms @ 4 ohms to work with so I would like a Dual 2 ohm sub.

I was hoping for an 18" sub but the 19Ov.2 is out of stock at the moment and have heard it is pretty cheaply made.

I would like to spend $250 or less.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

-Psych0

im currently in the middle of building an enclosure for a MB quart DWF 354 15

its mis properly marked as its a d2 on my Ddm.

i got it for so cheap i had to buy it up and will be running off a 250 rms plate amp in a 3.5 cubic enclosure.

id reccomend a focal, jl w3, dayton HO for HT

Thanks. I decided on a Dayton Titanic Mk III.

Is there a tuning range that would work well for both the car and home environment or should I just **** it up and make two boxes?

Thanks. I decided on a Dayton Titanic Mk III.
Is there a tuning range that would work well for both the car and home environment or should I just **** it up and make two boxes?
You could use the same box for both if it would fit in your car. For home use you are going to want a larger, lower tuned box than needed in a car, in general.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.