Rear Speakers set up.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dima i30
10+ year member

New York
Hi,

OK, First of all I listen to Dance, Techno, R&B and Pop music. So no need for TOO BIG LOW BASS.

I am trying to avoid puting in a SUB. Maybe later on I'll do it.

For now, I am puting

Components = Infinity Kappa 60.5cs 6 1/2" 2 way 90 wats/270 peak (orig $300 getting for $160)

Rear Speakers = MB Quart DISCUS DKD 116 $89

And an 4ch AMP with a new HU.

How will my BASS be? Will I lose it completely? Or will the MB Quarts help out with it>? Remember, I just need to feel the low pounding, not the constant bass in my trunk.

What would you recomend other than MB Quarts to help out with the bass in the rear?

Thanks all.

Not all subs are about "TOO LOW BIG BASS". In fact the easiest sub configurations are about accuracy and definition (i.e. sealed, single sub enclosure).

I'm not familiar enough with the Quarts to tell you what they will do for your bass, and I'm not sure how much wattage you're going to be sending them, so I can't comment on that specific set up, but I do have the 60.5cs' in my doors and can vouch for their thump. Keep in mind that they are in thoroughly sound deadened doors and are receiving 90w @ 4ohms each (Alpine MRV T757). I'm not sure what HU or amp you are planning on using, but I can give you a tip on getting the most bass out of whatever you have.

Sound deaden your trunk and doors, especially where your spkrs are monted. That alone will noticibly ampliphy and clarify your existing bass (and sound in general). Brown Bread, FatMat (excellant buy) and Second Skin (same price as FatMat but talk to "ifandorbuts" about special pricing for Forum members) have gotten good ratings on this board for excellant cost for performance. If you can afford enough do the floor as well (Make sure to read directions for prepping surface first). If your set on not getting a sub, then get a healthy 4 ch. amp (match it's RMS rating to the RMS rating of the spkrs w/ the lowest RMS rating to avoid damage). Bass demands power to sound good.

I personally don't think you will be satisfied with this set up (I know I wasn't). The only way to add realistic bass (not overboard bass, I'm not talking SPL) is to add a sub(s). 6.5's and 6x9's are only designed to handle mid bass, not the well rounded sound spectrum bass you're looking for. For your music styles, I suggest a single 10", or better yet, 12" sub in a sealed box (ported and tuned to (about) 33htz for more volume) and a 5 ch amp instead of a 4 ch.

Those are just my thoughts. I've run my system (2 6.5's and 2 6x9's w/ amp) without a sub, and while it sounded good, it just felt like it was missing something, like it was right on the edge of what I was after. I bought a second amp (used, same as the other), bridged it to 2 old 12" I had in a sealed box and viola! Clean bass that didn't offend my neighbors. Hope this helps you out.

God bless you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.