Pioneer Headunit not recognizing rear speakers

dalton831

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all. I have to following equipment: Pioneer AVH 1550 Head unit, Memphis Car Audio 6x9 SR speakers. Vehicle is an 04 F150 (new body style not heritage) with half doors. With all speakers installed, I can not edit my rear speakers, the headunit does not recognize that I have rear speakers. The sound coming out of them sounds like garbage, so I set the fader ( or whatever moves sound ) to +10 so aim sound at the front. Is there anything I can do to recognize the rear speakers?

Hi all. I have to following equipment: Pioneer AVH 1550 Head unit, Memphis Car Audio 6x9 SR speakers. Vehicle is an 04 F150 (new body style not heritage) with half doors. With all speakers installed, I can not edit my rear speakers, the headunit does not recognize that I have rear speakers. The sound coming out of them sounds like garbage, so I set the fader ( or whatever moves sound ) to +10 so aim sound at the front. Is there anything I can do to recognize the rear speakers?
Does that hu have network mode? If so it may be set that and it's designed for 3 way components up front without rear speakers

is there something i need to learn to improve the rear speakers? they play music just like the front, but it sounds completely horrible and distorted. the speakers are high quality and the front sounds amazing so something isn’t right. I’m sorry I couldn’t understand what you were saying better lol. Thank you for your help.

is there something i need to learn to improve the rear speakers? they play music just like the front, but it sounds completely horrible and distorted. the speakers are high quality and the front sounds amazing so something isn’t right. I’m sorry I couldn’t understand what you were saying better lol. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• ips-ACD16EE7-5CA8-41CA-B502-83EE03762D3D.mp4
    10.8 MB
  • IMG_5967.jpeg
    IMG_5967.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 26
You might try to RESET the HU and put your settings back in? It may work? Id hold the Reset button down for a count of 6 -10 seconds, a toothpick usually works just fine. It may work? Worth a try

Ground the rca jacks on the rear of the head unit to the head unit frame. Google it, there's plenty of pictures as to what it looks like grounded. Pioneers are noted for having rca ground issues.

Does that hu have network mode? If so it may be set that and it's designed for 3 way components up front without rear speakers
I will check when I’m off work and get back with you. The current speakers are coaxial 2 way, it has the tweeter speaker in the middle. I posted a video, but later I will get a good video of the sound reproduction from the front and the rear. the rear is much more quiet ( setting the fade all the way to 1 speaker ) yet it sounds like it’s being overpowered

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...