My New System ! How is it? Rate it.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dima i30
10+ year member

New York
Hi,

OK, Currenty have on my Infiniti i30 1996 original BOSE system. Want to get new one. This is what I will get.

Let me know if this is a good set up. If not, please suggest something else. Thanks.

Will get.

Head Unit = Clarion DXZ725 4 volt, 3 pre-amp outputs, 10-20,000hz, 100db ($229)

Rear Speakers = MB Quart DISCUS DKD 116 ($89)

Components = Infinity Kappa 60.5cs 6 1/2" 2 way 90 wats/270 peak (orig $300 getting for $160)

Amp = Rockford Fosgate 4ch 75wats x 4. ($160)

How does this SET UP sound??? How much of a difference will I get in sound when I get rid of my original BOSE speakers and head unit?

Thanks.

nice setup, but you may have rear image pblm w/those speakers in the back. and I advise you to listen to the MB quarts before you buy them, and compare them w/ whatever other speakers are at the place where you hear them at.

- Also -

where's the subwoofer at man..

at least get a 10 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i think its g0od but for the front/rear speakers + tweeters (if u want to change urs)go with infinity perfects and about the headunit i think there is better than clarion (Alpine/pioneer).

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it's not bad choice at all. yeah alpine n pioneer premier might have an edge, but clarion aint bad neither.

i'll recommend infinity on the back too, so u have all infinity speakers. that's my pref. some ppl dont' like MB quarts too much. but amp is fine too.

I have the new model Inifnity 6 x 9s and the 6.1 infinity perfect components and it sounds unreal. My two infinity perfect 12s in the back help that out also. If you cant tell im an infinity guy. Just thought id say go with infinity speakers for sure. The subs are really good sound quality and go really low but if you want alot of spl id go with somethinhg else

I'd have to agree with everybody else, if you go w/ Infinity in front, then do it in back as well.

OK, I'm also an Infinity fan, but as a general rule of thumb it's a good idea to keep all your spkrs of the same brand and even series (so if your buy Kappa's for the front, buy Kappa's for the rear). This will help keep your sound uniform. I've heard people say the Quarts can be overly "bright", which may not matter as rear spkrs, but still they will not match the sound of your Kappa's. This is a nit-picky point, but it's the details that come together to make a system that stands out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.