Rear deck subwoofer installation (multiple woofers in back deck)

Participant count
  • Participant list

trailshunn

I am looking to install either two square 15 inch Solo-Baric L5 subs, or either four square 12 inch power acoustic subs in the rear deck of a 91 Chevy Caprice. This is the bubble style Caprice Classic. I'm a professional when it comes to cutting any kind of body work and i plan on making the right cuts to pull this off. My question is, should i use the trunk for my box, and seal the trunk? Or should i build a box inside the trunk? And also will i break my rear glass? If i decide to go with the Solo-Baric 15's, i will put a single solo Baric 15 inside the trunk in a single solo-baric chamber also. If i go with the 4 power acoustic twelves, then i plan on going with two more inside the trunk in a dual solo-baric chamber. I need some advice. What are the pro's and cons? What kind of trouble can i run into but regardless i want this done, and whats the best way to pull this thing off?

your not going to break any glass with l5's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I have seen a few people lose windshields to L5s. This setup won't have that issue.

As for your ideas, from I see from your thought process you are just starting out in audio. I say take the easier way out on this one. Just buy what ever subs/amps you want then build an enclosure for them and put them in the trunk for now.

Or do some research on the car you have and what others have done that seem to work for that car. Then put your own twist/idea on what has been done and run with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.