mount woofers on outside of the trunk

trailshunn

Hello, i plan on taking a 1990 Chevy Caprice (Box Chevy), and cutting four holes on the trunk as if i am cutting holes inside of a box. When i drop the subs in and screw them down, they will therefore be flush with the trunk as if you are looking at a speaker box. Yes, i plan on damaging this trunk by cutting holes in it! I plan on installing four solo-baric 12 inch woofers on the trunk. To give you a better idea, when you open my trunk and the trunk raises up, you will see the speakers magnets on the underside, and when i close the trunk, you will see the face of the woofers. This will be a show car, with huge rims and everything customized. What will be the best way to make this happen? Should i go with marine woofers instead with water proof covers (bills). That would give the car more of a flush look.

althought it might not be the best idea, and certainly wont sound good... just tell the guy what he wants to know. I dont know of a marine speaker that looks good and its a show car so just do the L7s. cut the holes big enough to where the outside of the frame fits all the way through it, then make a mounting frame and weld it to the inside of the trunk (underside of the lid), then you can drop the L7 in from the top and the cone will look more flush with the outside of the trunk. drill holes in the mounting frame and secure the subs with long bolts and locking nuts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.