Rear Deck Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello, in my 2007 Ford Fusion there are not rear 6x9 speakers currently. The only speakers are the factory door speakers. I'm looking to put in rear deck speakers myself and was wondering the best way to go about doing so? Please Help!!!
If theres not any currently, you'll obviously need to modify the vehicle. Would require either cutting out a space for them, or getting some fabricated panels or pods made for your vehicle. Depends how clean you want it to look.

I wanted tweeters up front in my truck where there wasn't any. I simply cut out the proper size in the door panel and mounted my tweeters there. Permanently altered the vehicle, and may not be appealing to other people if/when I sell it, but thats the risk you take.

Or like I said, spend all the money and either get some fabricated speaker panels or something similar. Thats pretty much your only options unless you want to do the n00b thing and put some 6x9's in boxes and throw em back there on the rear dash shelf.

Up to you buddy.

Why do you say that? I plan on replacing all the 5x8 speakers and then add two rear 6x9's. You don't think adding the 6x9's will help make it louder?
It will make it louder behind you. You want it louder in front of you. Start with replacing the front doors with 6.5 components and a amp. Treat the doors with sound deadener to seal all the holes. That will turn out much better

No. You will not need or want rear deck speakers. If you put a sub in the truck you will distort rear deck speakers. Rear deck speakers are a huge waste of money. Rear deck speakers will destroy any hope of getting good sound quality.

Alright good to know, thank you very much sir. Also, I want to keep the factory head unit from my car and put subs in. I have the subs, amp, and wiring so now all I need is to put a LOC to i can connect the RCA plugs for the amp. Any recommended place that I should put the LOC?

Alright good to know, thank you very much sir. Also, I want to keep the factory head unit from my car and put subs in. I have the subs, amp, and wiring so now all I need is to put a LOC to i can connect the RCA plugs for the amp. Any recommended place that I should put the LOC?
Depends. Do you want it to just work or do you want it to sound great?

Work-Audiocontrol LC2. It will correct the factory bass cutoff. You want that $75 Amazon

Great- a processor. You will want it for when you amp the rest of the car. $500 or so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.