Rear deck removal

Participant count
  • Participant list

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I own a 92 Caddy Deville. My back seat in the vehicle does not let down. Right now it sounds like most of the bass is trapped in the trunk so I trying to find a way to get more bass into the vehicle.

My installer suggests that I should remove the rear deck. He says that he can cut out the hole rear deck and fab some kind of mesh grill to cover the area up to make it look like the deck is still there but that it will let more bass into the vehicle.

Has anyone ever has this done?

Is it worth it or a waste of time?

Worth it if you vent the box through the rear deck. It would make a little difference just simply cutting a hole and fabricating a grill cloth cover.

Bill T.

i drive a 92 seville does urs have the arm rest in the backseat with the metal that goes right into the trunk? if so cut a hole in that and u can fold seat the arm rest down when u want bass and fold it back up when u dont want people to see it.

Worth it if you vent the box through the rear deck. It would make a little difference just simply cutting a hole and fabricating a grill cloth cover.
Bill T.
Well caddys have very very tightly sealed trunks. I think it would help quite a bit, assuming it doesn't cost too much.

Looks like I just sold my car so it doesn't manner now.

Right now I'm have a hard time figuring out what I want.

I usually stick to GM so I looking a a Monte Carlo SS, Grand Prix GTP, or a Yukon.

I would love to own a 96 Impala SS but the price on them right now is not cutting the mustard.

Well I bought an Acura Legend.

The trunk in this vehicle is also sealed air tight like my caddy, so I'm goinig to look into the rear deck removal idea again.

Well it looks like my wife wants the Acura Legend we bought so I might be driving the 02 Mountaineer we own that she has been driving.

If this is the case then of course the back deck is not an issue anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.