Rear Deck Cover Up

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Never realized how much pressure the rear deck is under. I thought the trunk was sealed off, but the deadener covering the old 6x9 holes in the rear deck ripped from the pressure.

image.jpeg

Any ideas on how to cover these large holes?

Make a ring out of mdf to cover the hole the spray foam maybe?
U could deadener the whole back dash... I would get under there and fiberglass everything solid
ABS. Just like you seal a door

Whole deck is deadened, above and underneath, this^ was the result. I am thinking about fiberglass but at the same time I don't want to customize the vehicle too much.

What ABS do you recommend?

I'd use sheetmetal.
Yep! That's what I used to seal up the big holes in my inner door sheet metal to make it behave a little more than a speaker cabinet! Sheet metal stuck on with 1/16" foam tape then many little self tapping screws to make sure it stayed in place. Covered it with the BQuiet sound deadener I'd bought before I bought a bunch of Damplifier Pro!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.