REALLY Need Advice - Volume keeps going up/down on it's own, even while at idle.

Participant count
  • Participant list

shep523tke
10+ year member

I recently just had installed 2 12" Kicker CVR's (400 RMS each) a 750 RMS mono Kicker amp, and a 650x4 channel Kicker amp and a pair of 6.5" and 5.25" Focal Access (60 watt RMS each speaker), and OAWG Kicker amp wiring kit, in a 2004 Cadillac CTS. This was professionally installed by a highly recommended shop, and they can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Today they went through and checked all connections, it worked great the whole time they had my car, and as soon as I started the car... the problem was still there.

Does anyone know what this problem can be??? It worked great for 4 days, and then the volume started changing again. They're saying it might be my volume knob, but the volume knob isn't being touched when the volume goes up and down. They're telling me I may have to get a new deck, but I don't want to because I'll lose all the computer features the came with my car

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You... any advise is desperately needed.

My voltage meter always reads 13.2 ish - 14.5, so I cant image it would be a voltage problem. But who knows... oh and just bought a new battery a week ago.

My voltage meter always reads 13.2 ish - 14.5, so I cant image it would be a voltage problem. But who knows... oh and just bought a new battery a week ago.
I'd say there is a big difference in the output of an amp at 13.2 and 14.5

They did not bypass. Can you please tell me why so I can explain to them? I asked them if they checked the connections behind the deck, and they said that they didn't do anything behind the deck because the deck just has a few wires that runs to the stock amp, and that all they have to do is connect to the stock amp. Do you have any idea if they can even run RCA's behind the stock deck of a CTS?

loc is a line out converter , if they didnt run from the back of the deck then are you sure they tapped in the wires before the amp.sounds like they didnt .ask them to show you if they say yes,also ask to see where the stock amp is , to make sure the tapped into the wires before the amp not after.still say they installed the loc after the stock amp.

He specifically said they tapped in after the amp. So they need to bypass the amp altogether? Do you know why? I can tell they're not sure what the problem is, and they're pretty much guessing at this point, so any additional knowledge on this is extremely appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm not sure why it doesn't work if you tap into the wire after the amp,i think it has something too do with the voltage going into the second amp .but they need to tap into the wires before the amp,basic car audio installation 101 .if they tapped in the wires after the amp,i'd question the ability of a good install too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.