bad sound from subs

907tacokid
10+ year member

hows it going everyone.

I bought a crossfire c5 1700d and installed it. I love the amp.

I have a horible sound coming from subs on certain songs tho! it's like a middbass or so that sounds horible

I made a new box, it's 4feet cubed, tuned to 32hz two tens sonic soundlab subs

deck is on volume 45 at 42 it won't do it on any song

deck goes to 55

bass on deck is -3 mid is 0 treb is +1

gain on amp is 1/4, bass boost is 0, phaze is 0

bass EQ is 0, it's on master, subsonic filter is 25hz, LPF is on 120 I think.

my volts never drop below 13.3 so I'm curious as to why this is happening.

any help you could provide would be grately apreciated!

sounds like the sub might be going bad or already shot, I would turn you lpf down quite a bit like down to like ~80hz

hows it going everyone.I bought a crossfire c5 1700d and installed it. I love the amp.

I have a horible sound coming from subs on certain songs tho! it's like a middbass or so that sounds horible

I made a new box, it's 4feet cubed, tuned to 32hz two tens sonic soundlab subs

deck is on volume 45 at 42 it won't do it on any song

deck goes to 55

bass on deck is -3 mid is 0 treb is +1

gain on amp is 1/4, bass boost is 0, phaze is 0

bass EQ is 0, it's on master, subsonic filter is 25hz, LPF is on 120 I think.

my volts never drop below 13.3 so I'm curious as to why this is happening.

any help you could provide would be grately apreciated!

sounds like the lpf is set to high try around 60hz maybe a little higher depending on the roll off of the filter, you should be able to look that up google the specs for the amp.

You wrote ''on certain songs'', this to me is a tell that it's most likely your current setup is not able to handle certain vibrational frequencies at peaks as

well as others. Some bass rhythms do not make the transition from head unit>amp> to sub-woofer as well as others, but more often than personally I find

it's just an odd rhythm off bass, not nessecarilly the system. This happens a lot more than I'm readily willing to accept with old school rap. It's not just the

rap that's changed over the last 15 years it's the sub-woofers and amps as well, so there is a little of a give and take. Changing the setting on the lpf/hpf/gain/bass sensitivity can definitely help, although it should not have to be done more than once once properly tuned. Not so unusual, however If your

hearing noises like rattling, scratching, coming directly from the sub-woofers besides the odd (as you put it *horrible*) rhythm of bass that sounds off

that's another story. If you have lpf/hpf on your head unit as well as your amp, and both are ON, switch to the ones on the head unit as they are more

easily accessed. Whether all the gains/lows/mids/highs etc. between your head unit and amp are actually interfering with each-other, It's possible.

One last thing, let us know what happens, I'm trying to learn from every mistake/problem I read of here.

You wrote ''on certain songs'', this to me is a tell that it's most likely your current setup is not able to handle certain vibrational frequencies at peaks as

well as others. Some bass rhythms do not make the transition from head unit/amp/ to sub-woofer as well as others, but more often than personally I find it's just an odd rhythm off bass. This happens a lot more than im readily willing to accept with old school rap. It's not just the rap that's changed over the last 15 years it's the sub-woofers and amps as well, so there is a little of a give and take. Changing the setting on the lpf/hpf/gain/bass sensitivity can definitely help, although it should not have to be done more than once once properly tuned. Not so unusual, however If your hearing noises like rattling, scratching, coming directly from the sub-woofers besides the odd (as you put it *horrible*) rhythm of bass that sounds off that's another story. If you have lpf/hpf on your head unit as well as your amp, and both are ON you might want to use the ones on your head unit as they are more easily adjustable. Whether all the gains/lows/mids/highs etc... between your head unit and amp are actually interfering with each-other, It's possible.
Stop using bold god danmit.

Op check LPf, or if your using a full range amp it's set to low pass.

May just be audible clipping in the song

I will not stop using bold, no matter what anyone says they think, unless it's an mod. It's my preference, but do you care why? Nope.

I'd just keep playing those songs if it only does it at certain points in the song, try to find out why. Is it recorded on the song or is it that at that point in time the song has extra loud bass.

4 cu/ft ft tuned that low should sound good I am not familiar with your subs though. Try turning the gain and lpf down a bit and see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I'd just keep playing those songs if it only does it at certain points in the song, try to find out why. Is it recorded on the song or is it that at that point in time the song has extra loud bass.

4 cu/ft ft tuned that low should sound good I am not familiar with your subs though. Try turning the gain and lpf down a bit and see if that helps.

[quote name='kushy_dreams']4 cu/ft for some 10s? theres your problem right there

and @Jaguar ; stop with the fucking bold man, it pisses everyone off especially when you write a novel for a post[/QUOTE]
And no disrespect, but the way you allude to how pissed of bold text makes everyone is just as ridiculous a statement as making a comparison to what I wrote (while trying to help someone) a novel. It's a single paragraph and your being ridiculous. My screen is 26 inches wide, it makes the website txt on the website look small so I bold my txt. So what. What if I told you when I tie my shoestrings I have a habit of putting on lace over the other, would that **** you all off so much you tried to make me change that too? Over you guys. ''Not my friend'' because I used bold text, ridiculous.

And no disrespect, but the way you allude to how pissed of bold text makes everyone is just as ridiculous a statement as making a comparison to what I wrote (while trying to help someone) a novel. It's a single paragraph and your being ridiculous. My screen is 26 inches wide, it makes the website txt on the website look small so I bold my txt. So what. What if I told you when I tie my shoestrings I have a habit of putting on lace over the other, would that **** you all off so much you tried to make me change that too? Over you guys. ''Not my friend'' because I used bold text, ridiculous.
I could care less about your bold type. It's the advice-giving you attempt, while you're still an infant in this hobby, that bugs me.

Sounds like you are bottoming out your subs. You could play the bass notes just fine at volume 42, but once you hit 45 you bottom out and it sounds like shit.

Does this only happen on low low notes?

I could care less about your bold type. It's the advice-giving you attempt, while you're still an infant in this hobby, that bugs me.
As far as being a ''infant'' in the hobby, someone could learn more in two years than someone's been in it for 5+ if they really want to learn. Car-audio

happens to be something I really want to learn more and talk about, so, I was wrong about ''mono-blocks'', like I'm going to let the same 2 guys come

who never want me to forget it ruin my experience here? Wrong.

What you fail to realize is that I've learned my lesson and decided to let more experienced members handle more advanced questions. This gives me

more of an opportunity to learn and ask questions as opposed to *attempting* to help on particulars I only know little about. If I offer my advice /

opinion on anything in the future it will be because of my personal experience on the subject end of story. And, as far as the bold, hm who knows I

might drop it, I just do not approve of the forceful way 2-3 people seemed to make me want to do it to please *them*.

Clearly the box is the elephant in the room. I mean holy shit 4 cubes with two 10's (nice ones though) on an amp that does around 2k. Those subs are being bottomed out most likely on certain notes in certain songs due to your box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.